Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Soon to be Piggy-mama to multiples

PopePopsicleIV

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I'm Chelsea. I adopted my first guinea pig roughly four and a half years ago. Her name was Sugar Magnolia, an albino Abyssinian, and she was about 4 years old when I got her (thats her in my avatar). She was meant to help my healing process from some issues I was having and boy did she really give a lot! I thought about getting her a friend but was always too afraid that when she died, she would leave the second guinea lonely and depressed, so I just showered Sugar with attention from myself. Sadly she passed away in February. It broke my heart.
I wasn't expecting to get any more piggies for a while, but my best friend who works at PetSmart told me about two brother piggies that had come in who had been cured of inner ear infections, and now have tilted heads from wry neck, i think it's called. I can't stand the thought of letting them live all by themselves in a pet store. They're up for free adoption they've been there for a month now, and I'm ready to be their new mama!
I hope to make some new friends here and learn about being the proud pig owner of two little 9 month old guinea pigs :] I'm sure I still have a lot to learn! If you have any advice for my preparations I'd love to hear them!

PopePopsicleIV

Cavy Slave
Oh thank you so much for the links! I'm going to have to refresh myself on new piggies since I knew everything Sugar loved and what she never wanted to ear (which was A LOT she was a picky, picky baby) Its good to know there's more information than I could have ever asked for real close by :D and Thanks for the warm welcome!

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site. Every one will be looking for pigtures! Hope your stay is pleasant here. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.