Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sneezing Sneezing pigs - URI or allergies?

piggiexlover

Cavy Slave
About a week ago, I noticed one of my piggies sneezing quite a bit and making a strange hooting noise. I took him to the vet 3 days ago. The vet said his chest sounded totally normal and that he seemed to be in good health, but gave him a shot of Convenia and told me to seperate them. He's totally fine besides the sneezing (no runny nose or goopy eyes, he's eating, etc.) Now my other pig's started to sneeze. He hasn't hooted at all, but it's making me nervous.

I read that using wood shavings as bedding could cause them to sneeze, so I replaced the shavings with fleece this morning. I still hear him sneezing every so often.

Should I take him to the vet even though he's acting totally normal?

kananaka

Cavy Slave
When sneezing is present I just always worry about URI. I would just for my peace of mind.

piggiexlover

Cavy Slave
He hasn't hooted since Tuesday, so I think that may have just been the URI or whatever he's got. The vet said that it didn't seem like it was a URI since he wasn't wheezing at all... he said his chest may have just been tight.

Could the vet visit wait until Monday or should I take him as an emergency?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.