PDA

View Full Version : Adopt Special Needs Guinea Pig Needs A Second Chance, Manhattan, Kansas

GP Zone
05-09-12, 09:10 pm
Manhattan, Kansas 66502
Situation: As soon as possible
Listing expires August 10, 2012
Single, Female, 1-2 years old (adult), Whacky hair

For more details and to inquire, please visit this listing in the Guinea Pig Zone... (http://www.guineapigzone.com/guinea-pigs-for-sale-adoption/2463-special-needs-guinea-pig-needs-a-second-chance)

Wildcavy
05-10-12, 08:01 am
We are interested in adopting her, but just looked this morning at Guinea Pig Zone and see you may have a potential person in NJ if she can get help with transport.

We're in DC but will drive to KS to get her in a good home, whether ours or another good home. (Yes, know it's a 20 hour drive each way). If we can get assistance with KS to MO, and possible MO to IL border, we can easily go from there. But driving to KS is not a deal-breaker.

We're just appalled at what the family did and will do what we can to get her to a good home, whether it is ours or someone else with experience.

CritterLuvva
05-10-12, 08:52 am
Wildcavy Will that person see your post?

Wildcavy
05-10-12, 08:55 am
I posted on the Guinea Pig Zone page as well, so she should see it there. Mentioned that I was posting here, too. Not sure who checks which so I wanted to cover bases! Thank you for mentioning it though.

CritterLuvva
05-10-12, 09:03 am
LOL @myself! I was hoping you wouldn't see that when I noticed you posted over there too. I deleted my post before I realized you'd already answered it! *blush*

Thanks again, WildCavy, for going above and beyond the line of duty! I hope I can one day serve rescues as loyally and as completely as you do. You should be very proud of all your efforts.

Petlovr
05-10-12, 10:19 am
Piggie train! I can help drive across PA to final destination in NJ. Let me know! Although, I have to warn you, if she has wacky hair, we might stop (and stay) at my place on the way, LOL

CritterLuvva
05-10-12, 12:02 pm
:D Petlovr

jacqueline
05-10-12, 01:55 pm
so, @wildcavvy - i'm interested in making sure this pig gets a great home, as you are. i don't HAVE to adopt her - so if you are really into her, please feel free to take her yourself. if you don't feel that strongly about getting her, as i said, i'm happy to take care of her in my home, but would indeed need help with transport. i hope that sounded ok - i really mean this to be a friendly conversation - not snarky, not argumentative. sounds like we'd both be willing to adopt her - nice for her. i'm sure we'll work it out. just let me know how strongly you feel about her. thansk!!

jowasaurus
05-10-12, 02:10 pm
you guys are seriously amazing. Personally, I'd love to take her in too! haha

Wildcavy
05-10-12, 05:50 pm
We're crossing our fingers to hear from the rescuer!:)

CritterLuvva
05-10-12, 06:11 pm
You know, instead of deciding it between the lot of you, I would let the rescuer decide the best position to put this piggy in. I'm sure she'd be elated to find not one, not two, but THREE possible homes for her. In the application process, if she has one, I'm sure she would be able to discover which home would be best for her piggy.

jacqueline Your application already sounds really good! You have disabled and senior pigs, so they'd be low key AND you have the experience necessary to take care of this little girl. Of course, if I were her, I would ask for the details from the rest of you, but I'm not so I'm not. :) I would say you have a good bid for her though, jacqueline!

jowasaurus
05-10-12, 06:24 pm
Yeah, it's always so heart-warming to see how dedicated people really are here and around the country.

Caring for Alenko the last few weeks of his life, it really made me understand how precious sick and special needs pigs are and that they need love just as much as every other guinea pig!
She'd be a great addition with Cara and Rictor. I just wish her luck with whoever she ends up living with!!

Petlovr
05-10-12, 06:56 pm
you guys are seriously amazing

Yes, they are amazing. Although, had I known about the wacky hair...LOL. Seriously, this poor girl got such a raw deal. I feel really bad for her.

Els9547
05-10-12, 07:20 pm
Hello all,
I apologize for taking so long in my responses. I had a final this morning, then got caught up in surgery and when I got home I wanted to make sure all of the pigs got some outside time in before it got dark. The life of a veterinary student!! I also wanted to make sure I got a few pictures snapped so I could show everyone what Grace looks like (she is actually sitting in my lap as I type this).
Of course, I am thrilled to find such an overwhelming response to Grace's story! After it didn't work out with my two young girls; I was so afraid that I hadn't done the right thing by bringing her home. She really is such a sweet girl, but I think she is a little lonely by herself. Every day she gets more and more trusting with people, but I think it's really going to take someone with experience to bring her back full circle.
I actually don't have an application process. Again, I really haven't ever had to rehome a pig in this manner before. I am just a veterinary student who has had guinea pigs since I was little and was touched by this particular story and wanted to do anything I could. I would be happy to hear any advice anyone has for me; honestly everyone sounds like they could provide a wonderful home for her.
As far as transport, depending on when, I could potentially drive all the way to Kansas City, and I can absolutely drive at least half of that distance no matter what. Again, I apologize for my inexperience as far as rescuing/rehoming; I've never had to rehome any of my pets so it's a little new to me. I hope to just continue the conversations with everyone and hopefully we can all work together and get Grace the new life she deserves. I have attached two photos of her for everyone to see. I took them today after I brought her inside.
She certainly has some funny quirks. I have half of my C&C cage blocked off for her; but it's clear she hasn't ever really experienced fleece or Carefresh. I had to add a little wired "section" and put some hay and shavings (safe ones of course) in a corner for her. She uses that as her "home base"; and every now and then I catch her testing out the fleece and she races back to her little spot. Finally this morning I found her curled up in one of the fleece lined houses; so I think she will adapt just fine to the good life. It's funny to see her experience all of these new things for the first time. I gave her a carrot and she started waving it in the air and carrying it around with her. Took her about three hours to figure out that it was more fun to eat than to play with!!

Wildcavy
05-10-12, 07:37 pm
She is beautiful! And her eye isn't disturbing looking -- I figured it must have been really disfiguring to get a reaction to the point that the parents wouldn't try to help their child work through it. But given your observations about the bedding, fleece, and carrot maybe it was best in the long run that she is out of that situation.

I love the carrot story. Can totally picture her carrying it around like a prize.

Els9547
05-10-12, 07:45 pm
Personally, I think the parents saw their opportunity to "be done with pets for awhile" and jumped on it. Her eye really isn't offensive to me, but given my profession I figured I was just used to more than most people.

I just gave her a piece of green pepper and she is absolutely popcorning out of her mind and practically squealing. Her new family is absolutely going to love spoiling her. You can just tell she is going to be the type that appreciates it forever. I do think she is going to need some friends to teach her "proper" guinea pig noises. For example, she is rumblestrutting the green pepper...not sure if she's just letting it know who's boss or if she really doesn't know which noise to make for which reaction :-).

xXMaggieXx
05-10-12, 08:14 pm
I just gave her a piece of green pepper and she is absolutely popcorning out of her mind and practically squealing. Her new family is absolutely going to love spoiling her. You can just tell she is going to be the type that appreciates it forever. I do think she is going to need some friends to teach her "proper" guinea pig noises. For example, she is rumblestrutting the green pepper...not sure if she's just letting it know who's boss or if she really doesn't know which noise to make for which reaction :-).

I love that! My baby piggy attacked a piece of cucumber and was rumblestrutting. She lives with 2 other adult female piggies. So im not sure where she got that idea from, but it was cute!

CritterLuvva
05-10-12, 08:29 pm
I have half of my C&C cage blocked off for her; but it's clear she hasn't ever really experienced fleece or Carefresh. I had to add a little wired "section" and put some hay and shavings (safe ones of course) in a corner for her. She uses that as her "home base"; and every now and then I catch her testing out the fleece and she races back to her little spot. Finally this morning I found her curled up in one of the fleece lined houses; so I think she will adapt just fine to the good life. It's funny to see her experience all of these new things for the first time. I gave her a carrot and she started waving it in the air and carrying it around with her. Took her about three hours to figure out that it was more fun to eat than to play with!!

ROFL! Wow! That little girl sure does sound full of humor. It's hard to listen and not feel drawn to her. No, I'm not an applicant. We have to make sure we're financially sound before getting piggies, but it's stories like these that keep me dreaming about being able to rescue my own piggies. Hopefully within the next few months! :)

I'm a cavy newby. I mean, besides the fact that's what my profile says! I haven't had piggies before (some limited experience wth a rescue and studying like mad here though), but I had to take a double take to figure out just which eye was blind! I don't see disfigurement either. Some people can be so... :mad: Well, at least she'll go to a good home now! :)

mufasa
05-10-12, 08:31 pm
I don't find the eye disturbing either. Very bad lesson to teach the kid, but good thing she's away from them now and being spoiled like a piggy deserves to be. It made me so sad to read that she didn't even know what to do with a carrot. My two turn into vacuum cleaners when I serve up carrot bits. They don't last three seconds, let alone three hours! And to never have even known soft bedding...that poor baby. You did a wonderful deed taking her in, and it looks like she's got great prospects for a new home so she'd going to have a happily ever after with lots of carrots, green peppers, and other goodies for the rest of her life.

CritterLuvva
05-10-12, 08:37 pm
:D mufasa Vacuum cleaners! Cute story.

It is sad, but her new home will be piggy heaven with a Cavy Cager as her parent! :)

Wildcavy
05-10-12, 09:39 pm
The pepper rumblestrut! Hope I get to see it someday; she's developing her Aby-tude!. If Grace does end up in our family, I suspect Jumble will be happy to show her the Ritual Stalking of the Orange Slice. I have got to get it on video and post it. Oranges are an occasional treat and one of her favorite foods, but it takes her at least 5 minutes to actually start eating it because she likes to play with it like a cat does with a a ball of yarn. Wonder if the pepper rumblestrut is an Aby thing too?

suzilovespiggie
05-10-12, 09:51 pm
You all are just awesome!! Grace is a beautiful pig! So glad she will be going into a great forever home!

Els9547
05-10-12, 09:53 pm
More funny Grace stories!! She seems to be full of herself tonight; I think the trip outside did her some good!

I had her out playing on the floor in a play area (made with the same grates the C&C cages are) and my dog (my 8lb rescued Chihuahua who LOVES my pigs like they are his children) was sticking his paw in the area to try to steal her pepper (we're on the second piece of the evening). She ran over and bit his toe (gently) then shook her head all around and started popcorning away. My poor dog's feelings are horribly hurt because he feels that sharing is caring, but I swear I can almost hear her laughing at him.

Wildcavy, I'd love to hear more about your pigs! Maybe I can find out more about you anyone else who is interested in adopting her and we can figure out the best home. Obviously, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or anything like that! I am just excited to get started on getting her moving towards her future.

Hhbean
05-10-12, 10:05 pm
Els9547 I'm in St. Louis Mo and go to Kansas City Mo to visit family at least every other month and would love to meet you there for the piggy train. I would bring her back to St. Louis and could have her stay for a night or two so she would have a break from traveling. Is there somebody that could meet me either in St. Louis or within 200 miles, for the next leg of her trip? She is so adorable and I would love to give her a forever home but we have 4 boys and are fostering 2 girls right now. That being said she could stay with us until other members are able to transport her to her forever home.

Els9547
05-10-12, 10:07 pm
hhbean, that would be great! It would be no problem for me to get her to Kansas City, and I am sure she would appreciate the break from traveling for awhile!

Inle_Rabbit
05-10-12, 11:17 pm
I wonder if the rumble strutting doesn't have to do with her blindness? Bacon is blind in one eye he rumble struts all sorts of things: food, veggies, walls, etc. Sometimes he rumble struts when he is all alone and nothing is happening. He does the whole rumbling, heckles raised, butt wiggling strut at absolutely nothing! He is an American so no Abby-tuid for him.

CritterLuvva
05-11-12, 03:41 am
:D Inle_Rabbit Walls! That's great!

jacqueline
05-11-12, 05:58 am
just to update Wildcavy and i have been pm back and forth- we're both really interested in taking grace to our homes. we agreed it makes more sense for @widcavy to go for it. so, i believe she's trying to get in touch with grace's current owner to arrange for adoption. hopefully grace is on her way to be with widcavy, if for some reason that falls through (and i truly hope it doesn't wildcavy and her family would be GREAT parents for grace), my hat is still i the ring!

Petlovr
05-11-12, 07:02 am
jacqueline (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/jacqueline.html) That is very nice of you.
wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html) Where are you located? Do we need a piggy train?

Make sure to keep us updated! She sounds like a really fun girl.

Wildcavy
05-11-12, 04:39 pm
It looks like we can start arranging to bring Grace home! We live in DC metro area. I think we have the train from Manhattan KS to St Louis MO. We're going to map stuff out tonight and then start working out timing. we're willing to go to KS, so even getting her to MO is a huge help and if that works out and Hhbean can give her a spell, that would probably be good for Grace.

I've got "Meet Me in St Louis" going through my head ....

Hhbean
05-12-12, 02:14 pm
So any news on transporting Grace? Els9547 have you decided whose home Grace will be gracing?:D

It looks like we can start arranging to bring Grace home! We live in DC metro area. I think we have the train from Manhattan KS to St Louis MO. We're going to map stuff out tonight and then start working out timing. we're willing to go to KS, so even getting her to MO is a huge help and if that works out and @Hhbean (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19120) can give her a spell, that would probably be good for Grace.

I've got "Meet Me in St Louis" going through my head ....

lemonham
05-14-12, 05:12 pm
I'm curious too! Keep us informed about Grace's new home!

Wildcavy
05-15-12, 07:15 am
We are excited to have Grace joining our family! We're working on getting her part of the way toward DC. If schedules work out, we should be able to get her to St. Louis so far.

Black
05-15-12, 08:11 am
I assume you're taking 70 across? I'd love to help out.

I can do some of Ohio, through pgh and down through to Maryland. Meet you in Maryland somewhere Wildcavy?

I would absolutely love to help!

Petlovr
05-15-12, 08:44 pm
I hope all of you take pics as you hand her off. It would make a great picture/story! It's awesome that one person rejected a pig, and so many others are so willing to love her. She's a very lucky girl!

CavyMama
05-15-12, 10:44 pm
For example, she is rumblestrutting the green pepper...not sure if she's just letting it know who's boss or if she really doesn't know which noise to make for which reaction :-).

I'm sorry, but this just make me laugh so hard. You bet that pepper knew who was boss. She made sure of that! LOL

She sounds so great! Definitely got some spark to her! LOL What a great personality. Please don't doubt that taking her home rather than to be euthanized was the right decision. It definitely was. You did the right thing.

I think she would be lucky to be homed with any of the people on here who are interested. Can't wait to hear how this story plays out!

That girl has gone through a lot and she was meant to meet you so you could take her home and find her a forever home that will treat her with the kindness and love she deserves.

Such a sad beginning for her but no doubt it will be a happy ending.

Wildcavy
05-17-12, 06:38 am
I assume you're taking 70 across? I'd love to help out.

I can do some of Ohio, through pgh and down through to Maryland. Meet you in Maryland somewhere @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19254) ?

I would absolutely love to help!

Thank you --that would be great, if we can work out the interval legs!

We have two possibilities. One is taking I-70 via MD/PA/Columbus OH/Indianapolis to St Louis. The other is doing I-64 from West VA via Louisville into MO.

If we have you as interested in part of the I-70 route, for MD to maybe border of OH segment, though, I can see about a couple or so legs between St Louis / IN/ OH to eastern border.

Let me confirm a couple of things with HHBean and then we can formally work the follow-on legs.

All of you on this thread are terrific!!

Black
05-17-12, 07:15 am
Thank you --that would be great, if we can work out the interval legs!

We have two possibilities. One is taking I-70 via MD/PA/Columbus OH/Indianapolis to St Louis. The other is doing I-64 from West VA via Louisville into MO.

If we have you as interested in part of the I-70 route, for MD to maybe border of OH segment, though, I can see about a couple or so legs between St Louis / IN/ OH to eastern border.

Let me confirm a couple of things with HHBean and then we can formally work the follow-on legs.

All of you on this thread are terrific!!

Sweet, let me know!

Els9547
05-17-12, 12:22 pm
Everyone on here is so wonderful! Thank you all for the kind words and willingness to help out. I know everyone involved really appreciates it!

I believe we are getting our journey "legs" worked out and hopefully can get Grace heading towards her new family next week!

For a Grace update; she has FINALLY learned to accept the joys of fleece!!! Just yesterday I was able to make 95% of her cage nothing but comfy spots. She seems to love it; wildcavy will have no problems turning her into a spoiled brat :).

Also, she is finally becoming more vocal with us. She did make noise, but mostly in her cage and kind of to herself. Last night we had food delivered and my roommate and I were watching a movie. My roommate started talking to her cat (who has taken up sleeping next to Grace's cage to protect her) and Grace just started going crazy. We were stunned. She has NEVER talked to us that way before, and certainly never responded to our voices quite that much. I believe my roommate almost fell over. She called her fiance right away and was saying, "The piggy TALKED TO ME...." over and over.

I know that being in vet school often hardens us; just due to the nature of what we deal with every day. Every single day we see good people who can't afford treatment, bad people who don't care, etc etc. We are often forced to remain aloof; because we can't get attached to every patient. There just aren't enough of us to save every animal that deserves it. It was a big decision for me to bring Grace home; I was mostly laughed at by my peers. They said it was never going to work out, and even if it did she would never really come around. It makes me feel great to see her progress every day and to know that she is going to have a wonderful life with a new family. It's refreshing to see people who care, and to come home every day and see her happy. It kind of reminds me why I signed up for this career in the first place; a little refresher is nice once in a while. I thank everyone on here for giving me that!

CritterLuvva
05-17-12, 01:37 pm
Els9547 I heard a very good story once.

A boy was walking along a beach picking up star fish which would dry up once the sun came out. A man came by and asked him what he was doing. After explaining, the man replied, "but why do you do that? You can't really make a difference."

The boy picked up another star fish and threw it back out to sea. He replied, "To that one, it made a difference."

Do not think you can't make a difference. I can understand you can't always, but...

"To that one it makes a difference!"

Wildcavy
05-17-12, 01:50 pm
Don't forget the ripples too -- you made a difference to Grace certainly. But you also made a difference to my family. You have given a good antidote to the cynicism of your colleagues, too -- understandable cynicism, I'm not criticizing, but on some level they have renewed hope. There are several of our friends who realize that guinea pigs must be special if all of this is being done for "just" one little pig. And the joy of this will keep going forward!

Your act of kindness was enough even if it were only for Grace. But it's gone far beyond that. These are treasures I store up for myself when the days are gray, and they never fade.

jacqueline
05-17-12, 03:00 pm
there are days when the world seems like a dark and scary place. and there are times when things can get heated and unpleasant here on this site. THIS STORY is one of the great ones. it'd be nice to keep this thread forever, so we can remember and so others can see how so many different people come together to help one little pig. this has touched my heart - it makes my eyes well with joy. i was honored to be a small part of this, at least in the beginning. grace has already lived up to her name and "graced" a lot of people. . .

Xopher
05-18-12, 06:26 am
Wildcavy and I are so excited for Grace to join our family. We know that not only will we make a difference in her life, but that she will make such a difference in ours :)

Petlovr
05-18-12, 07:54 am
It kind of reminds me why I signed up for this career in the first place; a little refresher is nice once in a while. I thank everyone on here for giving me that!

Please never forget-you can't change the world, but if you can make your corner of it a little better, go for it. Every life you touch has an effect. Kindness shown is never wasted. One little pig, all of 2 pounds, has made a huge difference to so many people. Not just because she is "special needs", but because of the joy we have found here on this thread, the many smiles she will bring to everyone on her journey to her new home, and the smiles she will bring to her new family when she arrives. I have to believe she is heaven sent for all the good she has done already. And most important, she is happy herself.

Everyone's comments on the impact of Grace to our lives makes me tear up. She is truly a "grace". A reminder of why we work so hard to save every life we come across in rescue. Although, I am still anxious to have the 2 Pit bulls go to rescue ASAP! LOL

Critterluvva-I love the starfish story. I kinda live my life by it.

I'm also wondering-on a lighter note-if this is possibly the longest adoption thread in existence? :D

CritterLuvva
05-18-12, 08:50 am
Petlovr Eloquently spoken! Bravo. :)

What's the status of those pitt bulls?

LOL at last statement.

Petlovr
05-18-12, 10:11 am
What's the status of those pitt bulls?
OMG! 3 days of rain had them pinging off the walls. :eek: Thank God the sun is out, and they can run in the yard. 3 dogs is really hard to handle, esp when 2 are prey-driven Pitts with no training what so ever, and I don't even know what their names had been to get their attention. I'm just waing, not so patiently, for a local rescue to get 2 dog cages open to take them. Ripping my hair out, meanwhile! :melodrama

LOL at last statement.
Seriously! I don't think adoption threads usually go this long!lol

Hhbean
05-18-12, 11:14 pm
We are planning on picking up Grace on Wednesday in Kansas City, Mo! I'm so excited to meet her! When we first read about Grace, Daniel instantly became protective about her and wanted to find some way for her to come live with us(and our other 6 piggies). For those who don't know, Daniel is legally blind and for him Graces plight became very personal. Daniel is always the voice of reason but not when it came to Grace:love:. He was worried about where she would end up and if the people would be able to give her the love and care she needs. I reassured him that the people offering to take her in were just as nuts about spoiling piggies as we are.
I'm going to make a sign that says "D.C. or bust!" for Grace's cage and will be sure to post pigtures of her leg of the trip with us. Thank you Wildcavy and jacqueline for throwing your hats into the ring to give Grace a home. I'm sure she will be as happy with Wildcavy as she would have been with you jacqueline.

Xopher
05-23-12, 03:56 pm
Can't wait to hear how Grace is doing after the first part of her journey. : )

Petlovr
05-23-12, 04:14 pm
Yes! Any pics?

arionat799
05-23-12, 05:10 pm
Wait, I'm confused. Xopher, you live with Wildcavy? lol but congrats to you and thanks for taking this sweet pig in! :)

Crusty
05-23-12, 05:11 pm
This has to be the most heartwarming thread I've ever seen. One beautiful little piggy has made such a difference to so many people. I'm not going into details but my job has hardened me. For the most part I see the worst in life. This makes me realize there are still very good people out there.

Xopher
05-23-12, 05:38 pm
yup, Wildcavy is my hunny :) We have both been cast under Grace's spell.

Wildcavy
05-23-12, 05:46 pm
@Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19945) 's avatar is Picckalo, who is Grace's future boyfriend! Picckalo is the one who they said was unadoptable. Looks like they were wrong!:)

Petlovr
05-23-12, 07:19 pm
Picckalo is the one who they said was unadoptable.
I missed this. Why was he "unadoptable"?

Hhbean
05-23-12, 07:48 pm
Well all, Grace appears to be a seasoned traveler! She is now in St. Louis, Mo and settling in for the night. I will post pictures tomorrow for all to admire! Thank you so much Els9547 for saving her life. She is a truely beautiful piggy and she ventured out several times during the car ride to check things out. We had a problem at the begining of our ride, the air-conditioner was not functioning as it should(blowing hot air). Thank goodness I was able to get some great advice from @cavymama (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=15286) and was able to find a battery operated fan and I made a small ice pack just in case. About 20 min. into our hot trip, I was so frustrated I said out loud "Come on angels, I can make it without air but Grace really needs it, hasn't she been through enough?" I tried the air one last time and wouldn't you know the dang thing blew cold air the rest of the way across Missouri!!!

Grace also accompanied me to the ladies room at the rest stop because there was no way I was leaving her in a locked car. Picture me carrying a pet store cage to the ladies room:D as if this is something that I do everyday. We received some odd looks but they also had a smile on their face.

Grace has stolen my heart and I even had the odd thought or two about saying she had been pignapped just so she could stay with us. Alas, it is not within me to deprive Picckalo and Grace true love. @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19254) and @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19945) she will be spoiled rotten by the time she gets to you!

Xopher
05-23-12, 08:10 pm
What an amazing story, and what a wonderful blessing! Thank you so much for helping her on the first leg of her journey. I have to confess, it's been a rough evening, they've forced me to stay late and i've no idea when i can leave (already over three hours) but my mood completely changed once I read this :)

Xopher
05-23-12, 08:11 pm
Check out Wildcavy 's blogs. She's got a few about the process of us adopting Picckalo.

Wildcavy
05-24-12, 05:44 am
I missed this. Why was he "unadoptable"?

He is blind, had been abused and starved, his hair was gray with malnutrition -- we didn't know he was really a brindle for the longest time -- he is partially paralyzed, and he appeared to be mute. Turns out he is also hearing impaired and has arthritis. Many of his issues were either caused by or exacerbated by the neglect/abuse. He was kept in a wire cage by the dogs and birds in the pound and was on death row. He's a robust boar with a LOUD whistle now, shiny, full of his boar-ness, and very happy.

Xopher is currently Picckalo's pig-analog, but we figure Picckalo might like a pig buddy, so they can both gang up on Xopher during lap time.

He has some vision in his right eye now, which works really great because Grace's good eye is her left one, so we figure they can snuggle next to each other and look at each other out of their good eyes!:)

Petlovr
05-24-12, 05:48 am
He is blind, had been abused and starved, his hair was gray with malnutrition
I'm so glad he's doing better. Bless you for saving him. Sometimes I think they really appreciate the second chance, and I always fall for the "story" behind an animal, more than what they look like, or their personality. I love taking a neglected animal and spoiling them rotten to make up for the hard times they've had.

CritterLuvva
05-24-12, 06:06 am
I love taking a neglected animal and spoiling them rotten to make up for the hard times they've had.

I can appreciate that! If things fall into place the way I would like, I'll continue to foster even after I own piggies of my own (I have two fosters now). I'm looking forward to lavishing love on them as well! :D

Speaking of my fosters, though, I'd like to go to the store asap and get some things. This foster kind of fell into place much more quickly then hubby and I would have ever dreamed due to a recent, unfortunate incident. (So, good came from bad. :)) I might be forced to go to a pet store for some of what I want, but I really want to try not to go if I can. But I'm derailing. Sorry!

Glad to hear this baby is making it safely home so far. Who's got her now? Please post pigtures and how your trip went! When is piggy supposed to be home? Tomorrow?

Mom_of 3
05-24-12, 09:20 am
:cheerful::love: This is so sweet! God Bless you! And your piggies!!

Hhbean
05-24-12, 04:44 pm
You all wanted pigtures and now I give you Miss Grace! 27162271642716527163
Here is the link to her album I started for her if you would like to see more Hhbean's Album: Grace visits us (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/hhbean-albums-grace-visits-us.html) . Grace is so friendly and I don't think she has a shy bone in her body! As soon as I had most of her cage set up she was out exploring! She didn't even dart off to hide when I put the camara into the cage to get a better view of her. When I stepped into the cage to put up the fleece forest she was running all over my feet and through my legs.

mufasa
05-24-12, 04:53 pm
Aw, that little sweetheart! So happy to see she's being spoiled the way she deserves, with her old life behind her and a wonderful new one starting already.

Xopher
05-24-12, 05:03 pm
She is so lovely, I can't wait to meet her. I love the cage setup, it's so funny to see the same kind of things from our cages; soda boxes and the woodland get-a-way hut.

Hhbean
05-24-12, 05:40 pm
Ha, that's what we call the Hue-Hut because that was Huey's when we got him and he was our first piggy. I would sing to him when he was sitting in it (oh, HueHue in his Hue-Hut, Huey should come give mama some kisses instead of sitting in his Hue-Hut) and he would run out and give me kisses. He is still the only piggy that will run and give me kisses! We don't use it any more because all the boys needed multi-exit houses or they would bicker. I'll be sending it along with Grace and I almost have her cuddle cup done(my first ever).

schavarry
05-24-12, 05:51 pm
So happy to see this poor little piggy is getting a home!! :)

Els9547
05-24-12, 05:52 pm
Hello all!
Sorry for my absence...my e-mail does a horrible job of letting me know when to check it! I met HHBean yesterday in Kansas City for the first part of her journey. Sadly, I was not able to get any good pictures of her! She got into her travel cage and immediately burrowed into a fleece tunnel and spent the whole ride rumbling at the green pepper I gave her for the trip! She was so good in the car; never complained for a second!
I confess, I warned HHBean about falling in love with her! I fear there may be a few pignapping plots before her stay is over there ;-). Our house is already too quiet without little Grace here with us, but we know she is beginning a wonderful journey to her new family and boyfriend (hopefully!!). We sent her with a few gifts to remember us by, so I hope you won't mind adding them to your stock @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19254) and @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19945) !!! She loves hammocks and since she has newly discovered fleece, I sent her along with her first pieces!! Of course we let my roommate's little niece pick them out, so you get some nice teddy bears, curious george, and zebra print!!!! :-)

Thanks Hhbean for the pictures!!! It made my roommate and I so happy to see her! I am so glad she loved the cage! We were a little worried she wouldn't adjust too quickly; but I love that she proved me wrong!!! Such an improvement from the day I brought her home!!!!

Petlovr
05-24-12, 08:52 pm
Awww. This is so amazing! I really want a video of her rumbling at her pepper. She sounds like an adventurous soul, such a brave little girl! Go Grace! At this rate, she'll have a ton of stuff when she finally arrives. Let the spoiling begin!

drgraves2
05-25-12, 11:01 am
what a sweetheart. She purrs when petted and lets you pick her up she will come up to you when your near. She has the cutest rumble. She will make a nice addition. Pignapping is always a option trick is for her to get along with Fluffy.

Wildcavy
05-25-12, 11:30 am
Els9547 we will definitely add her fleece and her other gifts to her supply! It will help her adjust, I think, and we like to rotate fleece especially with Picckalo being such a manly boar (think happy thoughts about them being a match made in heaven!).

Hhbean thank you for the pictures and we love the story about Huey and his hut! You are so sweet to make her a cuddle cup! We'll sort out transport dates over the weekend, depending on how long you can bear to keep her;) Xopher and I will PM you.

We'll keep everyone up-to-date with a Grace travelogue and pictures. And a gallery. And a blog of everything she does ....lol

CritterLuvva
05-25-12, 11:47 am
Where is she now?

drgraves2
05-25-12, 12:03 pm
hhbean has her i was over there thisn morn visiting fluffy and lexas and plotting a piggnapping

Petlovr
05-25-12, 07:33 pm
No no no. No pig-napping. I already have a plan in place for when she drives through my area! Highway robbery... :D

Xopher
05-25-12, 09:36 pm
No no no. No pig-napping. I already have a plan in place for when she drives through my area! Highway robbery... :D

Wildcavy is going to give me a set of handcuffs so I can attach the cage to my wrist. I may have to use a secret route to return home, maybe via Alaska or something lol

Hhbean
05-26-12, 01:22 am
@Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19254) is going to give me a set of handcuffs so I can attach the cage to my wrist. I may have to use a secret route to return home, maybe via Alaska or something lol

Xopher Hmmm....that is only if I give out our secret location:p! She is such a little sweetie pie! She has us wrapped around her little paw. She is welcome to stay with us for as long as it takes to set up the next leg of her trip.
Els9547 I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what to make out of the cute fleece you sent with her? I can make pads, tunnels and cuddle cups(I just finished her one in pink)

Petlovr
05-26-12, 01:57 am
That is a beautiful cuddle cup! She looks so good in there, the little Princess.

Who is driving the next leg?

CritterLuvva
05-26-12, 06:53 am
Xopher Are you going to put locks on the door(s) as well? :D A determined culprit might still be able to pignap them if the doors aren't locked...

You all are too funny! Don't pignap the sweet baby. :D

Looking forward to seeing her safe and sound at home. I know people here wouldn't REALLY pignap, but I wonder how tired she's getting of all this travel?

Petlovr
05-26-12, 07:07 am
She sounds fine, actually. I think she's enjoying all the attention. If she was scared, she wouldn't rumble her pepper pieces (:D), and she'd be hiding. It doesn't sound like that's what she's doing. I think it sounds like it's going well right now. (fingers crossed)

Petlovr
05-26-12, 07:10 am
So who has the next leg? It looks like 4 more states or so til she gets to DC.

HappyHopperz
05-26-12, 07:56 am
I know it's a bit late now, but if you guys ever need another driver or a home for her, I am in Minnesota, not too far away. I'd be happy to help in any way for her. :)

Wildcavy
05-26-12, 08:26 am
HappyHopperz , I am working with Xopher today and tomorrow to look at the most likely "leg" options for a piggy train, so if any of it works out for you, let me know.

Of course Xopher is also more than happy to drive out to St Louis. He hasn't done a road trip in awhile and I think he has itchy feet (so to speak). We're roadtrip addicts in case anyone hasn't worked that outlol

This is assuming, of course, Grace doesn't get pignapped along the way ....

Wildcavy
05-26-12, 08:28 am
@Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19254) is going to give me a set of handcuffs so I can attach the cage to my wrist. I may have to use a secret route to return home, maybe via Alaska or something lol

It occurs to me that there are forum members in Alaska ... hmmm ... I think we could route through Cape Town, Jakarta, or Mumbai and still find people willing to run off with Grace!;)

Wildcavy
05-26-12, 10:14 am
GRACE PIG TRAIN proposed initial legs

Just want to confirm up front that we are going to get Grace even if the legs don't work out -- @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19945) and I will sort out the trip to bring Grace to her new home with us. Providing that @Hhbean (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19120) lets uslol

If we do end up doing the trip on our own, I also want to reassure everyone we will break it up including an overnight so we can minimize the stress on Grace.

Overall journey: St Louis MO to Washington, DC
Total trip time: 14 hours one way
Total trip miles: approx 831 miles one way

Main route: I-70 East from STL via Indianapolis, Columbus, and the greater Morganton WV area

Suggested legs:

St Louis to Effingham IL 1 hr 45 min (102 miles)

Effingham IL to Indianapolis IN 2.5 hours (143 miles)

Indianapolis to Dayton, OH 2 hours (117 miles)

Dayton to Columbus, OH 1 hr, 16 min (72 miles)

Columbus to Cambridge OH 1.5 hours (80 miles)

Cambridge to Morganton WV 2 hours 12 min (128 miles)

Morganton to Wash DC 3.5 hours (207 miles)

*With my experience in doing animal transport trains, we always meet in a public area, and not at people's residences.*

@Hhbean (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=19120) , we will PM you with other details including a target date for Grace to begin her journey.

Hhbean
05-26-12, 11:54 am
Wildcavy , we can get her to Effingham IL. Grace is doing great, last night during floor time she was all over the place exploring every nook and cranny. She likes to climb and appears to have part of a goat mixed in with that abbyness! She is LOVING her fleece forest and I think hay is her favorite thing to eat!

Petlovr
05-26-12, 02:23 pm
I love hearing how adventurous she is. She is really handling all the change well. I think she knows we are trying to help her, and everyone loves her so much. She sounds like such a character. Meanwhile, I have some dog transports that are ongoing, and they would probably add a GP to the transport to get her closer. I was staring at the map, and I'd have to drive hours and hours in order to intercept and continue her journey-y'all are passing really far south of me. The dog transporters are all rescue people that have been worked with before, and are very trustworthy. Let me know if this helps, and I'll look into it. These people have animal trains across the country! It's quite amazing.

jacqueline
05-26-12, 05:29 pm
i've been following grace's adventures with interest and a twinge of envy. i wish i could be more involved, especially in the piggie train, but i'm in nj and would be of no help in getting her here. it is astounding to me to see so many people, all across the country, come together like this. i'm glad she's going to end up with Wildcavy and her family, and i know that grace was meant for them. i'll just wait for the next special needs pig who needs a home. :heart: give grace a chin scratch for me!

drgraves2
05-26-12, 05:39 pm
who says there going to be a piggy train. All there is going to be is a pig-napping!!:D

Wildcavy
05-26-12, 05:58 pm
Hmmmm ... may have to fly into St Louis tonight, with all of the pignapping plans going on!

CritterLuvva
05-26-12, 06:20 pm
Wildcavy Can't say that I blame you. If I only had the finances, I would go intercept Miss Piggy and take her right to you. (I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't threatened pig napping! :D) If it's any consolation, and you don't already know, I'm guessing all the talk about pig napping is just stuff and nonsense any way. If they had real intentions, I don't think they'd be broadcasting. :D I'd love to meet her one day, though.

Wildcavy
05-26-12, 06:25 pm
No worries, I'm pretty sure it's all in jest ... right?:silly: Seriously, looking at Grace's pix and reading about her antics, who wouldn't want to have her join their family?:)

drgraves2
05-26-12, 06:54 pm
too bad i would love to keep her. who woulnt want a sweetie who purrs the whole time your petting her and loves to be held, never shy.

Els9547
05-26-12, 08:52 pm
Hhbean, honestly...feel free to make anything you like out of the fleece! I am just happy that she has learned to love it. I was afraid we would be a Carefresh pig forever!

Wildcavy & Xopher, good luck getting her!!! Sounds like you are going to have to stay on top of the train members lol. I am so glad she is loving her floor time and is really starting to come out of her shell. I was worried that she would be as timid with new people as she was when I first brought her home. So happy to hear that she is learning to trust and love people again!!!

But in all seriousness....she can't be pignapped!!!! She has a star-crossed lover waiting! :love: She has to get home so she can meet her boyfriend! :) It would break his heart if he never got to meet her lol!

lemonham
05-28-12, 03:18 pm
If anyone can get her to Indianapolis in the next few days, I can get her to PA. I'm driving from Indy to CT to get home from the Indy 500. I'm planning on driving Thursday to OH and spending one night there and then driving to CT the next day through PA.

One option is to meet @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html) & @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/xopher.html) somewhere in PA or drop her off with another member in OH or PA until @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html) & @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/xopher.html) could pick her up. I'm on vacation for the week so my schedule is a little flexible.

I would really like to help but didn't jump in the thread until I was sure that I was actually able to help. Let me know and PM me if you want my email/phone number so we can talk specifics.

Hhbean
05-28-12, 04:45 pm
Thanks lemonham hopefully there will be somebody that can meet me in Effingham, IL and get her to Indianapolis, IN before you leave. Grace is doing great but the sooner she leaves the safer she will be from a piggynapping:D!

If anyone can get her to Indianapolis in the next few days, I can get her to PA. I'm driving from Indy to CT to get home from the Indy 500. I'm planning on driving Thursday to OH and spending one night there and then driving to CT the next day through PA.

One option is to meet @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html) & @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/xopher.html) somewhere in PA or drop her off with another member in OH or PA until @Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html) & @Xopher (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/xopher.html) could pick her up. I'm on vacation for the week so my schedule is a little flexible.

I would really like to help but didn't jump in the thread until I was sure that I was actually able to help. Let me know and PM me if you want my email/phone number so we can talk specifics.

Wildcavy
05-28-12, 05:13 pm
Xopher and I would be able to pick Grace up in Pennsylvania (anywhere in PA) on extremely short notice, pretty much would just need the amount of time that it would take to drive there. So if it does work out that lemonham is able to get Grace from someone in Indianapolis, we can meet you somewhere in PA around your schedule.

We'd like to pick her up this week, anyway! Picckalo is getting restless! :*)

lemonham
05-28-12, 07:12 pm
I've PM'd everyone involved. If no one else offers to drive her to Indy, I'll pick her up from Hhbean (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/hhbean.html) on Wednesday and deliver her to Wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html) on Friday in PA.

schavarry
05-28-12, 07:49 pm
All of you are so awesome for helping out this way!! :D :heart:

Wildcavy
05-28-12, 07:49 pm
We are so excited and happy that I cannot even begin to describe it!!!

Hhbean
05-28-12, 08:14 pm
I just wanted to let you all know how sweet Grace is, she let Daniel pick her up! Huey is our only other piggy that Daniel can pick up by himself, due to his vision. She will just come over to him and sit there so he picked her up and snuggled her for a long time. We are already starting to miss her and she hasn't even left yet! We may need to have people on the piggy train sign a contract stating they will not keep her for themselves:D!

Petlovr
05-28-12, 08:39 pm
I'm still willing to help. I'm in NE PA, about 1 hr NE of Philly. Is there anything I can do to help? I can pick her up in anywhere in PA, and get her closer to you, wildcavy (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/members/wildcavy.html). I promise not to pignap her! LOL (Actually, I'm getting a new bunny in about a month!)

Wildcavy
05-29-12, 02:25 pm
Petlovr -- we have it squared away now, but I really appreciate your offer. I can't wait to see pictures of your new bunny (I guess I can't call them pigtures!).

Petlovr
05-29-12, 07:19 pm
I'm so glad you got everything settled!

Petlovr
05-29-12, 07:42 pm
To everyone watching this thread:
Are you aware that there are animal transport "trains" running across the country? California to New Jersey, Washington State to Florida. Dogs, bunnies, Guinea pigs, ratties, ferrets, etc. All help is so genuinely appreciated, even if it's just a small "leg" that you can drive. If you are inspired by this thread, and I know I am (and sad I won't get to meet Grace and help out) check out your local rescues, or PM me, and I'll put in contact with some people. This kind of generosity literally saves lives when the clock is counting down on the amount of time an animal has left. It doesn't have to be often, or a lot, but every small, tiny bit helps. It really is inspiring, and not sad. If you don't want to know the background, or hear upsetting things, just tell the coordinator of the train, and you won't hear anything "bad". Thanks for reading!

27455Here's my next bunny-Jasper

CritterLuvva
05-29-12, 07:58 pm
Wildcavy That's what I was thinking! LOL. How do I say I want pictures the bunny way? I coudn't figure it out, so I didn't say so earlier. :D

Kelsie
05-29-12, 08:39 pm
Jasper is a beautiful rabbit. I love to read your stories of your rescue work. You truly live up to your user name. Thank you for your dedicated work to animals in need.

Hhbean
05-30-12, 02:01 am
What an adorable bunny! Thank you Petlovr and everybody else, for offering to help. I had a mental flash of you standing on the side of the road as Grace drove by, cheering her onward:D! I just finished sewing some things for Grace to take with her and share with her new buddy. Wildcavy and Xopher , don't look to close at the sewing, it's not pretty:crazy:. Don't worry it will hold up in the wash:crazy:. We will be leaving St. Louis a little before noon today to get Grace to Indiana in plenty of time to meet up with lemonham .

Petlovr
05-30-12, 09:03 am
How do I say I want pictures the bunny way?
We just say "pictures", LOL. I've only ever heard of piggie people mutating the word to fit the species...(ie: PIG-tures)

What an adorable bunny!
Thank you. I can't wait to smoosh him and cuddle him....He was dumped on a highway, and luckily someone driving by saw him in time to stop and pick him up. He must have been an "Easter bunny"- a live animal present. It's such a bad idea to give live animals.

I had a mental flash of you standing on the side of the road as Grace drove by, cheering her onward
Yep! That's me! Yelling "Whoo hoo, go Grace!" :D

lemonham
05-30-12, 06:38 pm
Grace is safe in Indiana for the night and will travel to Ohio tomorrow. :)

Wildcavy
05-30-12, 06:46 pm
I just slid down the hall trying to get to Xopher to tell him! He's holding Picckalo so I didn't want to yell.

Paula
05-30-12, 06:58 pm
Are you aware that there are animal transport "trains" running across the country? California to New Jersey, Washington State to Florida. Dogs, bunnies, Guinea pigs, ratties, ferrets, etc. All help is so genuinely appreciated, even if it's just a small "leg" that you can drive. Just want to point out that while it's definitely awesome that folks are willing to help out, sometimes these long distance trains are not in the best interest of the animals, particularly small animals, and especially this time of year. Animals that don't really travel well (guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, small animals in general) should probably be approached differently when it comes to very long distance trains; the stress of travel needs to be factored in to whether or not it's worth hauling them for miles and miles (and hours and hours). I personally know of a number of these longer trains that have resulted in injury (or sometimes, sadly, death) to the animals involved and while again I realize it's great that there are so many caring folks out there willing to help, we need to remember that while it may take longer to find, there are generally good homes closer that don't put so much stress on the animal having to travel so far.

I am very glad that Grace is getting such a great home and am not implying anything about this particular animal train, just mean to point out that sometimes it's not really in the animal's best interest to haul them from one end of the country to another.

arionat799
05-30-12, 07:01 pm
27455Here's my next bunny-Jasper

:ohmy:I'm gonna die of cuteness. He is absolutely positively adorable!!!!!!!

Wildcavy
05-30-12, 07:11 pm
Thanks Paula. We've done our best to give Grace breaks in the journey and are excited to have her coming home to us. I don't want to turn the forum into a piggy train Central Station.

But we'll keep everyone who is interested updated on how she does once she's here!:)

kareebear
05-30-12, 07:25 pm
This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about the rest of Grace's journey!

Petlovr
05-30-12, 08:04 pm
I just wanted to point out that most of the super long "trains" are dogs or cats that literally have HOURS to live, and this is their only chance. I agree, if at all possible, local homes are better, but high volume kill shelters are the reason for these trains. I am a board member for No Kill Lehigh Valley (where I live)-you can read more about our philosophies on the national site:No Kill Advocacy Center | A No Kill nation is within our reach... (http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/). Please support this valuable work.

Hhbean
05-30-12, 08:37 pm
As you all know Grace is no longer in our home and while I'm happy that she is moving on to her forever home a part of me wishes she could have stayed with us. While we were driving to meet lemonham I relized that the cage we transported her in was where our sweet little Sheldon spent FOUR YEARS of his life:(.
Paula , thank you for bringing up the fact that travel is hard on them. We did make sure Grace had plenty of veggies soaked with water, hay and pellets. I was terrified when the air-conditioner was acting up when I picked her up last week. I pray that she has no problems because of her travels and that her abbytuide keeps her spirits up! I wish there were more people in my area that were able to take in piggies, but sadly I don't know of any.
Wildcavy , we will need tons of pigtures and keep us up to date on Grace and Picckalo's adventures!

Paula
05-30-12, 08:43 pm
Yes, it definitely seems you guys have gone above and beyond for her comfort. I'm just commenting that in general, before we start encouraging folks to do these long distance trains, we need to remember that there usually are options nearby and it is not always in the best interest of the animal to be hauled across the country (or halfway across the country). I think the accommodations you folks have made for Grace and her comfort are excellent and the exception, definitely not the rule.

Petlovr
06-01-12, 01:51 pm
Where is she now?

Hhbean
06-01-12, 03:45 pm
Grace is almost to her forever home. I received a text from Wildcavy at 2:41pm that she has Grace and they are on their way home!

jacqueline
06-01-12, 05:20 pm
"oh frajous day, calloo, callay!!!" i'm sooo happy - i'm crying. . .

Wildcavy
06-01-12, 06:46 pm
:love::heart::)GRACE IS IN THE BUILDING!!!! Grace is with us! I'm just typing this quickly because we drove ahead and through severe thunderstorms and flash floods and we're now under additional tornado warnings. It will last through midnight. We're taking photos and we'll post.

Grace is AMAZING. Thank you lemonham for warning us about how vigorous she is about jumping around! She was great on the ride home, and is already chutting and wheeking and snuffling noses with Oink. Jumble is ignoring here. (Oink and Jumble are in their pens, but we set up an 8 x 5 floortime area for her to run around, and it abuts their cages.) I'm watching her climb over all of the toys and hideys. She is running around like a mad woman!

Thank you Hhbean for the fleece -- it is beautiful. Thank you also for doing the long trips across MO both to get her from Els9547 and then to Indianapolis! And thank you Els9547 for letting us bring her home.

lemonham -- your timing was perfect today! I hope you've made it through the storms okay! I appreciate the magic that you did to get her to us in Pennsylvania.

Xopher will have additional stories of Grace and the little Grace-related miracles that happened down the line. I'll post more shortly, and hope with some pictures soon. :heart::):love:

lemonham
06-01-12, 07:20 pm
So glad she is home safe where she belongs! :)

Wildcavy
06-01-12, 07:37 pm
There is an abby summit going on between her and Jumble now. I'm a little nervous. I have a feeling they are going to become pals, which in aby-world means co-conspirators.

Kelsie
06-01-12, 07:59 pm
Wildcavy, bless you and your wonderful husband who opened your hearts to this little piggie. Following this story from the beginning to now has been so inspiring. All of the members who helped get Grace home are truly her guardian angels. May she have a long and happy life in her new home.

Xopher
06-01-12, 10:24 pm
Hi Everyone,

As Birdie said, we are all home.

I'lll
send stories tommorow. In the meantime...

A very hun[gry girlATTACH=CONFIG]27766[/ATTACH]

HAPPY

schavarry
06-01-12, 11:46 pm
LOL! The DC or Bust sign on the cage is adorable! :D She looks happy to be home :)

CritterLuvva
06-02-12, 06:25 am
:D Wildcavy Abby summit = trouble! LOL. I'm sure they'll keep you busy. I don't know much about Jumble, but Grace sounds really friendly. Hours of entertainment for the price of food every day. Sounds great to me! :)

Congrats on finally making it home, Grace. I hope you fit right in and make friends quickly with your new roommates. :)

Crusty
06-02-12, 07:00 am
Following this thread has shown me that there are still wonderful people in this world. All of you, working together, to move a piggy across country to a new home. Grace is a very special creature!

Hhbean
06-02-12, 05:26 pm
So happy to hear she is enjoying her new buddies! She does love to explore!

Petlovr
06-02-12, 11:19 pm
Welcome home, Grace! I'm so happy for everyone that got to meet her, and bummed because I couldn't. I hope everything continues to go well!

Kelly9
06-04-12, 05:54 pm
Yay! Great saga. Many happy wishes to all!

Wildcavy
06-14-12, 09:17 am
Just wanted to let all of you Grace-o-philes know that she is doing wonderfully! I will post a blog entry with more details about the many adventures of Grace. I did want to let you know, though, that she had a baseline check up with our vet and he said that she is one of the healthiest pigs that he has seen -- and he does pretty much nothing but cavies and rabbits!

She has magic powers, too.

Hhbean
06-14-12, 07:50 pm
Thanks for the update Wildcavy ! I can't wait to hear about what she's been doing and I'm sure she has you wrapped around her little black piggy paw!

schavarry
06-14-12, 10:45 pm
I'm looking forward to the blog too!! Can't wait to hear more about these *magic powers*! Please remember to post pics too! ;)