Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Pine Questions Questions Questions!!!!

F

forjewel

Coroplast Pine Questions Questions Questions!!!!

This is my first time here and I am full of all sorts of questions. I called my local sign store and they ordered me a 4x8 sheet of coroplast for $25.00. When I got it, it wasn't corrogated. They said their supplier didn't sell the corrogated sheets so i was stuck with this one. It was filled with a foam material and was very thin. When I bent it after scoring it parts of it snapped. I taped them with packing tape along the outside but I know it won't be long until I have to change it. I was thinking about building a wooden box to go in the cubes but I am trying to find the right thing to line it. I liked the coroplast but cannot find the corrogated kind and the sheets I can find are $25.00-$30.00 for a 4x8 sheet. Any other ideas. Could I connect lanolium some how? I also read pine is bad for piggies. It is only the bedding though , right? My understanding is that it was the dust from the bedding. I made ramps for my piggies out of pine. They love them so Ihope I don't have to get read of them.

Thanks
forjewel

C

calico23

pine

pine is not terriable only ceder is.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: pine

Yes, cedar is bad, pine is questionable. Using untreated pine wood for houses or ramps is okay.

Attachments

Han1.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Chewchew1.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpeg image (1).jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg IMG_1953.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
J

Julie Maas

Thank you!!

Thank you for the good news on the pine. The ramps are made of untreated pine. I just made them yesterday and they spent all day yesterday running up and down them and popcorning like crazy. They have a 2x4 cube cage with a 1x2 second story and another ramp leading into a plastic kiddy pool. They love it!!

Thanks
forjewel

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Thank you!!

Sounds Great! Congrats.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.