Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Miconazole

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
I can't get Trudy into the vet until this time next week :( Only vet around that doesn't charge over $150 for a visit for a guinea pig.

I described this place on her bum to the vet on the phone and she advised me to either use a Miconazole cream or a athletes foot cream. She said that this would not hurt if it wasn't ringworm, but if it is it would help.

I got Miconazole Nitrate (2% formulation) what I was told to get. I applied this to the patch.

Only problem is Trudy is now messing with the spot- never saw her pay it any mind before.

Will the miconazole harm her if she ingests it?

No, it won't hurt her. But just put it on very sparingly. Take a q-tip and rub a bit in, don't put enough on that she can lick it off.

Just make sure you wash your hands and disinfect your skin. Ringworm can transfer to humans.

You should have posted this on her other thread. I will merge the two threads later when I am on my computer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.