Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

sooooo frustrated

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i'm in touch with CavySpirit for some of the apparent glitches when i log on. but i just read another post where someone posted about a tab (?) at the top of the forum page called "what's Happening". i don't have that. the suggestion was to go to quick links and make sure that something's "enabled." if forgot what exactly. i click on quick links and what they're referring to isn't there. there's also a green dot next to my name on my profile, and i don't know what that means, and cant find out how to find out what it means. :crazy: i know a little about computers, but now i'n feeling pretty stupid, and wonder what else i'm missing out on here. i don't even know what questions to ask, but what i want to ask is whether what i see when i log in is what i want to see, and what am i missing??!! :guilty:

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I don't see a tab labeled "What's Happening", either. Not worth getting frustrated over. :p

Raine59

Cavy Slave
I'm not much on technology but I do know the green dot means you are online at the time. If you were offline and I looked at your profile, the green dot would not be lit....I think it's gray then.

lissie

Cavy Slave
i'm in touch with CavySpirit for some of the apparent glitches when i log on. but i just read another post where someone posted about a tab (?) at the top of the forum page called "what's Happening". i don't have that. the suggestion was to go to quick links and make sure that something's "enabled." if forgot what exactly. i click on quick links and what they're referring to isn't there. there's also a green dot next to my name on my profile, and i don't know what that means, and cant find out how to find out what it means. :crazy: i know a little about computers, but now i'n feeling pretty stupid, and wonder what else i'm missing out on here. i don't even know what questions to ask, but what i want to ask is whether what i see when i log in is what i want to see, and what am i missing??!! :guilty:

The tab called "What's Happening" was renamed to "Top 5 Stats" a while ago. It's on the homepage of the forums and shows latest threads. Sometimes people accidentally turn it off. I forgot how to tun it back on, it's probably somewhere in the user settings.

The green dot next to your name is just to show other users that you are currently online. If you notice on some thread, other users maybe green, others maybe grey. They grey dots are the ones that are not currently using the forums.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.