Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Can anyone suggest a good vet in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area?

cornelius

Cavy Slave
I currently live in Ormeau (the middle of Brisbane/Gold coast). Would anyone be able to suggest a good vet in this area, or some where close by that is not so expensive?
I do know that greencrossvets are very popular but they are quite expensive...or is that jus the normal price for a vet visit?

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Brisbane Bird & Exotics Veterinary Service are also really good.

cornelius

Cavy Slave
Brisbane Bird & Exotics Veterinary Service are also really good.

thank you for the info. its also great to know that they will have experience in piggies since they are classed as exotic. would you know if they are expensive?

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I have no idea tbh, I've never used them personally (I live in Melbourne), but they may do a payment plan of sorts...so instead of one massive hit to the bank balance you pay it off in instalments.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
BBEVS are a little expensive (but very good, they're my vets, I highly recommend them!) -- a standard check-up will set you back around $90, and that's without meds or any extras. All the vets (Deb, Melinda, Sasha) are very good with cavies, they know their stuff. They also don't offer payment plans in house. Deb at Camp Hill Vet is also very piggy savvy and she's much cheaper, she's probably the most affordable cavy savvy vet on the southside. On the Gold Coast Green Cross Oxenford (Ryan) has a good reputation for guinea pigs, as does the Gold Coast Vet Surgery (Kevin). I'm not sure about how expensive they are though.

All these vets work with guinea pigs, but I would lean towards Deborah Pears at Camp Hill if you're concerned about price. But, yes, vet visits can get expensive! I've spent thousands over the years in vet bills. It just happens.

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Ooops wrong thread; was not trying to post in this one.. Sigh. Sorry folks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.