Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi from Tennessee!

Squeakerlover

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone! I've been browsing through the site for awhile and thought it was about time to introduce myself (and piggies of course :D).

My names Jennifer and I live in SE TN with my husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 5 mice, 2 piggies and a 55 gallon fish tank with 5 Angel Fish, 1 Dwarf Puffer and 1 Bamboo Shrimp (phew! We don't like animals or anything LOL).

My 2 piggies came from a lady who claimed to be a private rescue of sorts and was having health issues and needed to quickly find homes for all the critters. We "paid" for the pigs with a bag of dog food. They're brothers and about 7 months old. We've had them for a few weeks and have yet to settle on any names (suggestions???). They're still skittish around us but they're slowly getting braver and not darting for cover when you walk by their cage. When we get them out (which isn't often as I don't like scaring them BUT they're cage needs cleaning and nails need clipping), they're fine; walking all over us and being curious.

Ok, enough babbling, I know y'all are ready for some pics :)

This guy is the larger of the 2, more talkative, but also the more skittish of the 2. When he's out of the cage, he seems to be the more loveable of the 2 (either that or he's in shut-down mode b/c he doesn't move much).
uploadfromtaptalk1334294302681.jpg

This little guy is braver than his big brother as he likes to come and investigate whats going on around their cage. When held, he's also more adventurous. His markings are SO neat too! He has a dark brown patch on the left-side of his head and then the patch on the right is a light brown...it reverses for his shoulders and the reverses again for his hindlegs (so that the left-side has a dark patch and the right is lighter). Pretty neat I think.
uploadfromtaptalk1334294515138.jpg

This is Katie our Boxer-mix. She's about 8 years old.
uploadfromtaptalk1334294836815.jpg

This is Rio, our Great Dane. He'll be a year old in a few days.
uploadfromtaptalk1334294962127.jpg

Anyway, hope to gain a lot of knowledge about Piggies, as I'm new to them. I also hope that I can contribute things a long the way. :) Looking forward to getting to "know" all of y'all.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome! You will find all you need to know on various posts on the forum. Have a great time reading. Looking forward to sharing all things piggy.

Your boys are so handsome. Great pictures of the dogs too.

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Hi there. Welcome to the forums! You certainly have a zoo lol! Cute piggies and puppies!

Squeakerlover

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! They're such cutie piggies (and dogs too). It will be interesting to see if they keep their opposite personalities as they get older. I have two unrelated piggies, Borat and Amy, who are total opposites. Amy's high strung and gets excited about everything, while Borat is totally laid back. It's fun to have two opposites, and so fascinating that guinea pigs have such individual personalities.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.