Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Do males fight

GunieasForEver
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
First of all please do not breed. There are far too many homeless GPs in shelters and rescues for people to be breeding more. Especially people that are doing it on a whim with no idea as to the possible medical costs and responsibility involved.

You will be risking the life and health of the female and her pups. If you care for your pets you will not do anything to purposly put them in danger.

If you put a female in with 2 or more males then the males will absolutely start fighting and they will never stop. They will all fight over the female so doing something like this is never a good idea.

GunieasForEver

Cavy Chick

Cavy Slave
If youre not a child, then perhaps you will use proper spelling and puncutation in your next posts.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Also this board is anti breeding as well. If you keep breeding and all most likely you will get banned.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Maybe you didn't see this. This explains it all.

"This forum is run by a guinea pig rescue and is a rescue-friendly board.
Intentional breeding and/or showing "how-to" discussions are not welcome in this forum.
For more information on breeding, see Cavy Spirit's Breeding page.
What does it mean to be a so-called responsible breeder? Read this page to find out.
For accidental pregnancy information, see this GuineaLynx page."

Sorry, when copying that quote the links do not work. Here are the links mentioned above.
https://cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm
https://cavyspirit.com/responsiblebreeder.htm
https://www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

We do not advocate or really tolerate purposful breeding on this forum. This forum is run by a rescuer. She has seen what hobby breeding leads to.

It doesn't matter if the GPs you breed will stay with you, get sold or be sent to Mars. The fact is that rescues and shelters are full of cast-off GPs and other animals.

If you want more GPs then adopt some. Every litter you breed takes homes away from shelter animals.

Please use proper punctuation and capitalization in your posts. They are very hard to read the way you are typing them. We have many members who do not have English as their first language and unpunctuated/uncapitalized posts are nearly imposible for them to read.

Last edited:

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I agree with you voodoo about for everybaby is born it takes away beautiful needing homes for shelter piggies.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I have to say, you are such a hypocrite:

"They will be looked after i love animals and hate to see them in shelters"

If you hate to see guinea pigs in shelters, then why don't you adopt some pigs from there? If you want lots of pigs, then adopt some and save a life instead of creating new ones. It doesn't matter that you are going to keep them, guinea pigs in need of a loving home are still waiting at a shelter.

You're 18, and you can't spell male? It m-a-l-e not mail

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
What I see is somebody definetily not responsible enough to handle a breeding. Do you go to school? What happens when the mother dies and you have to hand feed the pups every two hours? What happens if the pigs you get have a hidden roan or dal gene (very possible) and you get a lethal? What will you do? Kill it?

What happens when the mother gives birth and you are at school/work? A baby gets stuck, mom and baby die? You will have been the cause of those two+ deaths.

Do you really have the heart to breed with a 20% fatality rate for the mum and over 10% for the babies? If you are really "an animal lover" you won't breed. Animal lovers DO NOT breed their animals.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
That is right guys. I totally agree with them.

GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
How are we weird? Is it wrong to care for animals?

I live in england too, have you not looked at www.guineapigrehome.org.uk ? There are hundreds of rescues, I got mine from one in Bracknell.

Yes, we understand that responsible breeding will need to occur, but after all the animals have been adopted out. Is that going to happen? No

GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
We are giving you advice! Good, honest advice that people on other forums would be too scared to give because they don't want to ruin their stupid reputation.

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
Our advice is TO STOP BREEDING! There... happy?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.