Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Best Deals

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Where have you found the best deals on buying huge amounts of grids?
I'm talking atleast 40-45 grids.

pinky

Cavy Slave
It's hard to find deals on grids here. If I see them on Craigslist, they usually try and sell them for what they bought them for. I've tried Goodwill, Salvation Army, Freecycle with no luck. I bought my last set at Kmart and used my preferred points to buy them less than full price.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
It's hard to find deals on grids here. If I see them on Craigslist, they usually try and sell them for what they bought them for. I've tried Goodwill, Salvation Army, Freecycle with no luck. I bought my last set at Kmart and used my preferred points to buy them less than full price.

I found a coupla on craigslist
a guy has a ton of what looks to be black ones. I texted him on how many grids he had.
a woman has 30 colorful ones for $25. I'd only haveta find 10 more.

Looking around I think it is a little pricey to buy 4 cubes for over $20.

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
I got enough to make a 2x3 cage and stand off of freecycle... you just have to not be picky about color.. most of mine are white but some are yellow/blue/red, I just use those for the back of the stand.

I suggest just keep looking at freecycle, post a wanted ad for them. Amazon has free shipping, so it might be cheaper to get them from there so you don't have to pay shipping.

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
The people on craigslist are ridilous here, they always try to sell for double the cost for half the cubes. The best deal I've found is at BB&B with the coupons you can get them to send you. 20 dollars for 20 grids without the coupon, 16 dollars with it.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I got enough to make a 2x3 cage and stand off of freecycle... you just have to not be picky about color.. most of mine are white but some are yellow/blue/red, I just use those for the back of the stand.

I suggest just keep looking at freecycle, post a wanted ad for them. Amazon has free shipping, so it might be cheaper to get them from there so you don't have to pay shipping.

I tired logging in via my FB. It didn't work.....

The people on craigslist are ridilous here, they always try to sell for double the cost for half the cubes. The best deal I've found is at BB&B with the coupons you can get them to send you. 20 dollars for 20 grids without the coupon, 16 dollars with it.

WHERE did you get those coupons?? I only get maybe 1 coupon a month from them.

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
I always get mine at goodwill. I have had alot of luck there getting about 20 for $5.

CaptainMarvel

Cavy Slave

CaptainMarvel

Cavy Slave

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Bed, Bath and Beyond for sure. 20 grids for 16 dollars. You can get a coupon by joining their e-mailing list. Get on their direct mailing list and they mail you a coupon once a month. I have also found some grids on Freecycle but they are rare.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Bed, Bath and Beyond for sure. 20 grids for 16 dollars. You can get a coupon by joining their e-mailing list. Get on their direct mailing list and they mail you a coupon once a month. I have also found some grids on Freecycle but they are rare.

I'ma haveta get the new apartment addy from husband.
I was going to just sign up my email but their looking to do both to save me time. It can wait til tomorrow ;)

CaptainMarvel

Cavy Slave
Just as a caveat . . .
When I went to my local BB&B looking for grids, they had one box.

They said that they stock much more - and greater variety of colors - around mid-to-late summer - when college students are preparing to start school and move into their new dorm rooms (i.e. they use them for storage grids ... go figure :crazy: )

If you aren't able to find the amount of grids you need at BB&B, do check out your local KMart. These are the grids I found there - and they are the right/safe kind . . . .

Stor Floor Standing 6-Cube Storage Unit

:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.