Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ivermectin Where to find in Ontario?

Stormoc

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I would say that I am 99.999% sure the girls have mites. They have become a little less friendly lately. Even my new boy seems none-too-pleased. He was kept in quarantine for 3 weeks and seemed healthy. I inspected his eyes, ears, breathing, etc.

I brushed him yesterday, and fur came out of his rear to the roots in some places (I was not brushing with any appreciable force). All my pigs are scratching and chewing, and if I gently scratch their backs and rear, they show irritable behaviours they never used to display which include something that says to me they're trying to get at the spot that I am scratching. Even petting can bother them sometimes. I noticed the bald patches behind my girls' ears have become larger, and the "eyes" of their cowlicks are balding (they're abyssinians). The person who owned the male previously mentioned he had mites in the past, but seemed to overcome this issue. The last thing I want is for him to need to deal with them again.

No one has lost any weight. They're still active and responsive.

I was told that pigs can be "sheddy", but I don't think this is normal at all. They leave little hair piles on my desk after affection has been given.

Basically, I'd like to treat them ASAP. I have the information on dosing, thanks to Guinea Lynx. Where can I buy Ivermectin and has anyone had good experiences with any particular product? (I tried the piggie marketplace, but the LVS won't ship to Canada apparently)

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
Try a local animal feed store or horse tack shop. Do you have a Tractor Supply or Farm and Fleet?

I've used horse wormer with JUST Ivermectin- make sure it is NOT one of the mixtures they have out there. I am super careful because I have Miniature horses and moxidectin will kill a Mini. I "borrowed" some from my boys for the new piggies when I got them several years ago.

Stormoc

Cavy Slave
I will take a look in my local shops. I'm a bit nervous about weeding wormers out by ingredients because I'm not positive on which are harmful. I liked the look of the "pour on ivermectin" from Little Piggies Marketplace. I may scout out the feedshop and post what I find ASAP. Thanks!

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
Tractor Supply has the pour on and the injectable... look in the cattle section.

klp065

Cavy Slave
I ordered mine off Amazon.com

Stormoc

Cavy Slave
I think I must only be finding American sellers, I cannot seem to find someone who will ship to me!

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
if you find one in Canada let me know i am in Newfoundland and i just want to have some things handy just in case .. now that spring is here and i have 2 dogs and a cat anything can happen

Stormoc

Cavy Slave
if you find one in Canada let me know i am in Newfoundland and i just want to have some things handy just in case .. now that spring is here and i have 2 dogs and a cat anything can happen
I will certainly keep you up-to-date. The price difference: $180 to get my three pigs a check-up, then additional for tests and meds vs. $50 for a supply able to treat 100 lbs of pig. PS- I checked up on Amazon.ca, they have ivermectin PASTE, which I know requires dilution and mixing but if all else fails, it's a supply.

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
I will certainly keep you up-to-date. The price difference: $180 to get my three pigs a check-up, then additional for tests and meds vs. $50 for a supply able to treat 100 lbs of pig. PS- I checked up on Amazon.ca, they have ivermectin PASTE, which I know requires dilution and mixing but if all else fails, it's a supply.

Yes i was reading about how it has to be diluted. I will go thruogh all the readings once again and than 3 more times to make sure i know what i am doing before diluting and even than i might scarp the first 2 mixing because i would be to paranoid i did it wrong. But thanks for letting me know Amazon.ca has it i will go check it out and get some ordered i also have to get some flee stuff Spring has sprung and by the looks of it so have the flees. ~shivers ~ Got to find some natural way to kill flees besides have my doggie have garlic breath all summer ...lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.