Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Breeder/hoarder/whatever

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
This woman has been a thorn in my side for years. Look at her latest ad--
(broken link removed)

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
SEVENTY guinea pigs and rabbits?! That's absolutely ridiculous! Flagged, of course.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Just a question, how effective would it be to put in a notice with police/animal control that you suspect she is a hoarder? 70 guinea pigs is quite a lot. I've seen shows where they confiscate and fine people for hoarding animals in bad conditions.

Since she's in my state I'd like to know if I can do more, but I don't know how these things work. Sorry if it's a stupid question.

CMDixon7

Cavy Slave
oh that is atrocious. The piggies and bunnies housed together, the cages, that bedding rolled, it all outside, I can only imagine the poor air quality for those poor babies :( So sad that these ppl keep getting away with this behaviour. That is how it was with my S2 and she is just the sweetest girl, it is as if she knows she was rescued. SHe was taken from a hoarder. (Very sad to say I heard the woman just got a breeding pair :( ) I hope animal control can do something.

pinky

Cavy Slave
We have some of those in the Chicago area, too. They have tons of ads on craigslist and ebay classified.... sickening....

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
Just call your local ASPCA .let them know what she is doing make sure the add with the pictures in infront of you so when they look it up you can tell them exsactly witch add. I would personal print the add out or atleast save it into your comp so you can show it to them. I am sure there is a law about how many animals she can house.Plus she has cats to I personaly would be weary.Cats no matter how tame are predetory animals and just like any animal can switch by instinc alone it is in there DNA.So please Call your local ASPCA. ~ASAP !

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Flagged! It made me cringe to read her notation that she has no bunnies ready right now. Probably sold all the babies for Easter. Grrrr.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
More ads from this woman to flag--

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Grrrrr. Someday, when I'm Goddess of the Universe ...!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.