Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C OK... What do you think of my new cage ideas?

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
All right-y... So when I remember to ask my dad to pick up some more Coro, I'll be completely revamping my pigs' C&C cage. So, it'll either be a 3x3 or a 3x4 with a loft and fleece bedding. I still don't know how big I should make it because if I make a 3x4 I won't have quite as much room to keep my chair and two organizers that hang from the loft bed. (Do you get what I mean by that?) I like keeping a chair under the loft bed because then I have a place to do my art and other stuff like that because there's no room to sit up on my bed. But anyhow, that was a bit off-topic, so here's what I was thinking I could do:

Purple is the fleece in the cage. I colored the fleece so you can kind of see the shape of the cage better.

Green is my chair. I didn't feel like drawing the organizers.

So my bed is kind of pulled away from the wall a bit because there isn't an actual corner there, more of a curve in the wall, so my bed wouldn't be able to fit there. So, I was thinking to make the ramp to the loft in the space between my bed and the wall. I want to make some fleece "curtains" to put around part of the bottom of the loft. Could I use that instead of hideys? It'd be a secure place for them, kind of like a fleece forest.

Do you think my ideas are good? Does anyone else have any ideas for me? I appreciate any suggestions and tips!

Sorry for my bad explaining and picture. I'm kinda rushed right now. lol

GP Obsessed

Cavy Slave
your picture is great it makes it very easy to tell where the cage is i think your idea is wonderful and i am sure your pigs will love it! my only question is will it be hard to clean the cage because it is in between your bed and the wall?

boofp

Cavy Slave
looks great

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
my only question is will it be hard to clean the cage because it is in between your bed and the wall?
Nope, there's enough space for me to reach into there with the broom and scooper cup. :) And for a full cage clean I just take the fleece out to wash it, of course. :D

ellisa

Cavy Slave
I think your plan is great! I'm sure they'll be fine in a 3x3, since it's bigger than what they're in now, right? If your cage is currently smaller than 3x3 and they're doing fine in it, then I imagine they'll be fine in a 3x3!

GP Obsessed

Cavy Slave
thats great! put pictures on when your finished i would love to see it :)

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I think your plan is great! I'm sure they'll be fine in a 3x3, since it's bigger than what they're in now, right? If your cage is currently smaller than 3x3 and they're doing fine in it, then I imagine they'll be fine in a 3x3!
Yup, they're in a smaller than 3x3, and I think I'll end up doing that anyway, so I can also have some space. lol (My sis won't let me keep my stuff under her bed...)

[MENTION=21952]GP Obsessed[/MENTION] OK! I'll do that! :D

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
Oh, I was just wondering, because they'll be in a completely different cage, will dominance kind of flare up for a while? My pigs have had a couple minor dominance issues in the past, so I hope it's not as bad as then if the dominance does escelate for a bit. It was probably because of piggy puberty, and probably still will be, but I can handle it. I just wanted to know ahead of time if dominance will increase for a bit on account of a new cage.

Thanks!!

GP Obsessed

Cavy Slave
My boars had some dominance issues when i moved them but my girls were fine a part from fighting over there favourite hidey ;)

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
OK. I'll watch them until they're good in the new cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.