Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Separation for illness/recovery

M.and.F.Piggies

Cavy Slave
Recently our girls had to be separated because Maisie broke her leg and had to have surgery to fix it. She had to have quite a small space to keep her as immobile as possible, but when her sisters were near her we quickly discovered that she could get her head through the grids (very dangerous) so they had to be kept apart completely. At about 3 weeks in to her isolation I was becoming concerned about her emotional well-being, and this is what hubby and I came up with, I got the perspex cut the size of 1 grid, and it is the right thickness to fit into the connectors, but for extra safety, given how determined these girls were to get to each other, hubby drilled holes into each cornner of the square so that we could secure them with cable ties. I wanted to share in case it would help anyone else in a similar position :)
March2012111.jpg

you can hardly even see the divider, and I think when Maisie no longer needs them I'll put them into the front of the cage to make like a picture window into the cage:love:

March2012106.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.