Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello & ?'s about my 2 new male guinea pigs

hvankoughnett

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!! My name is Heather and our family just became guinea pig owners a month ago. We first bought Bugsy and then a week later purchased Coco, both males. Bugsy did a lot of rumble strutting but up to about two days ago they seemed to get along fine. They constantly slept in the same igloo or the fleece pouch i bought for them. Two days ago Coco, the younger one started face mounting Bugsy CONSTANTLY. Bugsy is pretty patient with it but then I notice he shakes Coco off but Coco just keeps coming back for more. A few times I've noticed Bugsy's hair start to stand up around his face. Today I heard some loud squeals in the pouch. But I've checked them and no bite/scratch marks. Is this normal behavior or do I need to separate them? Also, we have a 2 x 6 C&C cage :0)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Very normal behavior. As long as one of them isn't being bitten or harassed to the point that he can't eat, they should be fine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.