Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New C&C cage for my girls!!!

Cherrish09

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my new excitement with you guys about my new cage!!! I just ordered it on ebay and it should be here by monday :) this is it :) for 2 piggies :) what do you guys think? I will be adding accessories as well! (and the coroplast is black not green) New C&C cage for my girls!!!

Very nice! You just need to add a side to the ramp, and if the pigs are babies, you will need to babyproof the grids til they are bigger. Have fun with your new cage!

Very nice! You just need to add a side to the ramp, and if the pigs are babies, you will need to babyproof the grids til they are bigger. Have fun with your new cage!
how would I add a side to the ramp? and they are not babies, there big girls now lol

I would probably get a piece of coroplast twice as wide as the ramp, fold it in half, an clip it to the bottom of the ramp, and use the floded part as the side with zip ties top and bottom through holes to keep the flap upright. Too many piggies fall and break their tiny little feet or legs, and that's hard to help them with. Maybe someone else will have a better idea, or check the pictures to find other ideas. Good luck

I ordered a similar cage, probably from the same seller on ebay. Only difference is mine was 2 x 4 on the bottom. Really happy with it and it was super easy to set up, the instructions were great. You will be pleased.

Here's what I did to the ramp since they were afraid to go near it:
New C&C cage for my girls!!!

I added a tunnel that I already had and put fleece inside as well. I've since removed the fleece but they love the tunnel and scamper up and down... I use zipties to secure it to the top. It might be helpful for you depending on whether your piggies need some 'security' to go up ramps!

Also adding that I kept the ramp that it came with in place, just secured the tunnel overtop - so lots of stability. Can't see in the picture but it's under there!

I purchased my cage off line on ebay as well. I agree with everyone to improve ramp. although my picture had the same ramp but the one that came with the cage was actually two grids with a side bent up with coroplast zip tied to it. So maybe you will get the same upgrade. I know its the size for two piggies but you make think about adding to it in the future. Mine was a two by three with the loft and I took the loft out and expaned it to a 2x5
New C&C cage for my girls!!!

I ordered a similar cage, probably from the same seller on ebay. Only difference is mine was 2 x 4 on the bottom. Really happy with it and it was super easy to set up, the instructions were great. You will be pleased.

Here's what I did to the ramp since they were afraid to go near it:
View attachment 23357

I added a tunnel that I already had and put fleece inside as well. I've since removed the fleece but they love the tunnel and scamper up and down... I use zipties to secure it to the top. It might be helpful for you depending on whether your piggies need some 'security' to go up ramps!

Also adding that I kept the ramp that it came with in place, just secured the tunnel overtop - so lots of stability. Can't see in the picture but it's under there!
thats a great idea since the cage i purchased came with a free tunnel :) i will most definately be trying this!

I would probably get a piece of coroplast twice as wide as the ramp, fold it in half, an clip it to the bottom of the ramp, and use the floded part as the side with zip ties top and bottom through holes to keep the flap upright. Too many piggies fall and break their tiny little feet or legs, and that's hard to help them with. Maybe someone else will have a better idea, or check the pictures to find other ideas. Good luck
thanks for the ideas, im sure i will come up with something :) dont want my piggies getting hurt!

I purchased my cage off line on ebay as well. I agree with everyone to improve ramp. although my picture had the same ramp but the one that came with the cage was actually two grids with a side bent up with coroplast zip tied to it. So maybe you will get the same upgrade. I know its the size for two piggies but you make think about adding to it in the future. Mine was a two by three with the loft and I took the loft out and expaned it to a 2x5
View attachment 23366
okay thank you :) i love the little black things hanging from the sides, what are they?

okay thank you :) i love the little black things hanging from the sides, what are they?
I'm as new as they come here, but I believe those are the grid connectors that usually come with the grid packages/sets (or are also sold separately). They are one of the alternatives for connecting the grids together - the other being zip ties.

UPDATE/EDIT:
Oh Crud, I just realized that I think you're referring to the hanging boxes on the sides of the cage. :crazy:

I'm not even here one full hour and I already pulled an uber-newb blunder.
sorry about that. :sorry:

If you look around you can find grids that have different compositions other then the 9 squares by 9 squares. To me it looks like @boofp took 2 of those grids that have circle spaces instead of squares and bent them in half to make bunk beds.

To me it looks like @(broken link removed) took 2 of those grids that have circle spaces instead of squares and bent them in half to make bunk beds.

That is what I did. They love them.

I'm not even here one full hour and I already pulled an uber-newb blunder.
sorry about that. That is okay its all good.

awesome idea! i love getting new ideas from the many wonderful creations and inventions people post here :) i sure am gonna have some happy piggies :)!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.