Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally joined...

Butterball

Cavy Slave
I've enjoyed this website for many months but finally took the time to actually register.

I started my relationship with guinea pigs when I was a child but was too young to totally appreciate them, I did not treat them very nicely (never cleaned them, etc.), but they did get lots of cuddles at least. Kids should not own guinea pigs!

Now, being somewhat more responsible, I rescued Butterball (see avatar) from my son's daycare where he would spend the weekend alone in a small cage and often went without water. Thankfully, they agreed to let me take him and I made him pretty happy, I think. He has a large coroplast cage and gets plenty of lap time and floor time. He's quite temperamental and easily upset, especially when I sweep up the poop, he attacks the brush... He's not scared of anything, seemingly. He shares grass with the cat and sits on our large dog's tail and grooms it.

After I had had him for about a year, I finally persuaded my husband to get another (well, I just went out and got him to be more precise). The first match did not work out, Butterball was too aggressive, and the second one didn't go smoothly either, so I separated them with a partition for a couple of months. Now they kind of tolerate each other with the occasional argument, but they just chatter their teeth at each other and walk off to the other side of the cage. McMullet is a beautiful tan cavy and definitely had one long-haired parent. He's much more timid than Butterball but very, very loud.

Butterball

Cavy Slave
Hi Petlovr,

Thanks for welcoming me. The thread is pretty funny!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see some pigtures of your pigs! :)

Butterball

Cavy Slave
Thanks, all! I have just posted some pics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.