Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newby here with Guinea Pig that gave birth this morning!

mikesbabydoll

Cavy Slave
Hello, I have been checking this site out for a while now, enjoying reading everyones posts and looking at pictures. I adoped 2 female guinea pigs from creigslist about a month ago, one was one was about 7 months old and the other was about 5 weeks and is the baby of the older one, they were both still in the cage with the father and brother, I have no idea how long or if they had ever been seperated, well long story short anout 3 weeks later the older one was getting fat and I started to suspect she was pregnant and a couple weeks later the same with the young one (blossom). So the older one (willow) gave birth to 3 little furballs this morning. all are doing good. And now am waiting on the other to give birth in a few weeks.

Cavyness

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!
Wow you must have your hands full with pregnant and baby piggies. If you haven't already, you can browse the forum for information on pregnant and baby guinea pigs. This forum is full of helpful information along with guinealynx.com

Looking forward to pictures of Willow and Blossom :)

mikesbabydoll

Cavy Slave
not sure where I need to post pics :rolleyes:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Do be sure to separate out any males at 21 days, or you'll have more guinea pigs than you know what do with, if you don't already!

See www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm for how to determine which is which. It can sometimes be difficult with very young pups, but by the time they're 10 days or so, it should be becoming apparent.

jgunnoe

Cavy Slave
You can add pictures right on this thread... On the top of the reply box where you can change your font or make it Bold or Italic, there is a little icon that looks like a picture. If you scroll over it, it says "image." Just upload your pics on there and hit reply when you're all done with that. :)

mikesbabydoll

Cavy Slave
Willow a few weeks before she had her babiesBlossomWillow with her babiesWillows newborn babies

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh!! Too much cuteness :)

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
aww welcome and congrats on the babies. hope the other one goes as good.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Oh wow! They are so darn cute! Your long haired one looks like one of my pasted piggies. The one baby with the red face has such strong color. It's adorable. Congratulations on the babies. =D

mikesbabydoll

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone, I am wondering how long blossoms hair will get, she's about 2 1/2 months old, her hair has grown since that picture was takes!

mrs.zen

Cavy Slave
Mom and babies are just incredible, congratulations!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.