Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Amount of floor time?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I maybe having a too small cage for longer than I'd like. We're in the middle of preparing to move into our new apartment. We just paid 1st month's rent and we still have to pay last month's rent in our current apartment.
So during this time (1 month or so) I was wondering if it would be good for Mr. Whistles to put him in his run pin during the whole day and at night he would be in his cage?

Now being that his run pin is in the patio if weather isn't nice he'd be in his cage. But if the weather happened to be nice and I was home all day long (I work from home) he'd be in his run pin.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure about the health implications of a pig being outside all day, but can you set up a run inside? You might be able to take what you're using as a run and set over a fleece blanket,towels, with cut open trash bag (or shower liner) underneath to catch moisture.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't leave a pig unattended outdoors, even on your patio. Birds, larger predators, creepy crawlies, etc. all would have free access. Even with a secure cage top, various insects and weather changes pose enough potential hazards for me to risk it.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I know I can't prevent everything on our porch. I'd literally be less than 5 feet from him.

Just to add (for anyone who doesn't know) Whistles run pin is in a screened in patio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.