Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to GPC forums

HeartMyPiggies

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone. I have been using GPCs for almost a year now. We had planned on getting a pair pf piggies last April, but ended up struggling a little financially, so had to wait for a while. Well, we put all our stuff in storage, and one thing happened and then another, and now I am pregnant and due in July with my third child, so I wasn't planning on getting piggies any time soon, except my mom saw someone who needed a good forever home for their cavies on facebook, and decided to get them for us as a surprise. What a wonderful surprise!

They are siblings, I am pretty sure they are both males, tri-colored, 8 month old piggies. One is smooth, and the other is an Abyssinian with a Mohawk down his back. When I got them home, I had to change their very stinky cage, and their water bottle smelled like a dirty fish tank when I opened it, as well as having brown slime clogging the nozzle of the bottle. It is a surprise that they even got water out of it. They refuse to eat fresh fruits/veggies, which leads me to believe that they weren't offered them nearly as often as they should have been, or I have some very fussy piggies on my hands. There was also a salt lick in their cage, which was just a basic pet store cage with a big purple pigloo in it. Not much room for them at all.

They were so happy when I finally goth their 2x4 C&C cage set up. I had to put closet shelving on top to keep my kids (ages 4 & 20 months) and cats (4 feral born, as you can see, I have a soft spot for animals in need of TLC) out of the cage. I used left over shelving to make a hay rack that hangs from the center of the cage, and they really seem to love the hay. There is also a flat paving stone I put under their water bottle, which in my research I didn't see anything saying not to, but if it's bad for them, then I am hoping someone will let me know :).

I am also someone will let me know the rules for posting pictures in threads like these. I know the sticky at the top of the forum has rules for posting in the galleries, but I am not sure if it goes for the threads as well. I would really like to post some pictures of my little guys and their new cage.

I have a few other questions to ask, but I think I am going to go and find the right forum on here to post them under. I am so happy to finally be a cavy slave.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
\welcome to the forum
:)

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Welcome and there are lots of people with lots of help here so ask away.

MicoNyan

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!!!! [I'm also a new member]
:D

mrs.zen

Cavy Slave
Welcome, can't wait to see pictures! What a nice story <3

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
waiting on those pictures

HeartMyPiggies

Cavy Slave
They were running around playing and knocked their makeshift tunnel over =]

Sharing a breakfast salad. I couldn't believe it when they started eating!

This is when we first put them into their c&c cage- and as soon as my fleece gets to my house I will no longer be using the wood shavings! So excited, and so were they =]

And here is my 4 year old daughter holding Perry. Within 2 weeks they were finally comfortable with us physically interacting with them!

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Awesome pictures, they are adorable as is your daughter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.