Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Orange Powdery Pee Stain

Murk21

Cavy Slave
I found these pee stains in my boys' cage this morning while cleaning. I've heard that the white powdery stains are caused from too much calcium. These stains are powdery, but not gritty and are kind of a light orange color. My boys are approx. 3 months and I think I've heard that young piggies urine can turn dark while drying. Is this what is happening? If it's a calcium issue, I need to investigate where it's coming from. They are on the KMS alfalfa pellets (since they are still young) and lately they've been getting green leaf lettuce, cilantro, peppers (yellow and green), a baby carrot here and there and some kale sporadically. Any ideas on what is going on in the picture below? :(

IMAG0220.jpg

Murk21

Cavy Slave
One thing I forgot to mention.... one of my boys is being treated for a URI with Bactrim.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
its probably the medicine

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.