Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi From Clan Piggus!

clanpiggus

Cavy Slave
Hi from Clan Piggus. We all live in Taiwan and are moving to India in August. We are Yeshi, clan mom

Machig, clan magician, musician, comedian, astronaut, rockstar and artist

Apples, clan whistler and mamma #2

Pluffles, clan warrior and snuggler of the girls

Baby, high priestess- lap warmer and pilferer of strawberries

Peach, the new long-haired pup with the heart of love.

We love all of our piggies and really appreciate having them around. We frequent your forum and have finally decided to become members. Thank you to all of you for creating a safe, kind and informative place to learn new things and better our clan's life.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hello Yeshi and welcome to the forum! So glad you joined us. Sounds like "your clan" are great piggies! Would love to see some pictures. We love pictures here.

Glad too you have been checking out the great info here for the very best care on guinea pigs.
It really will give you and your "clan" the very best. Tell us all of your piggie news also. Feel free to ask any questions you would like. We are here for you and your piggies.

GuineaQueen

Cavy Slave
Such imaginative names! I especially love 'Pluffles'! <3

clanpiggus

Cavy Slave
Pluffles is the name of a character from Rudyard Kipling's book 'Tales From the Plains{sic[of India]}.' It's a story about a foolish young man who falls in love with a woman who uses him for her own pleasure and intends to hurt him. He is rescued by an infamous older woman who gives him an education on how to be with women. The cool thing is this takes place in the 1800's in Shimla, one of my favorite cities in N. India. Does Mr. Pluffles resemble Mr. Pluffles? Oh, yes. They share the same foolish love of aggressive women! Apple sasses Pluffles thoroughly. But alas, our poor Pluffles has no dame to rescue him from Madame Apple!

clanpiggus

Cavy Slave
Thank you Suzie. I appreciate your kind welcome. I do have a question. I've introduced Peach to our group and while Pluffles and Apple(the dominate couple) don't harm her, Baby is sometimes quite mean. She shoves Peach out of the way and is rough. I am concerned as there have been times where Peach has squealed and run quickly to the other side of the cage. My feeling is that they are working out a pecking order and Peach is at the bottom of it. I tend to only go to watch if it sounds bad....I check Peach morning and night for anything, and each time, she is just fine. What do you think?

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It sounds like they are working out the pecking order. As long as no blood is drawn they should work it out. How long ago did you indroduce Peaches?
On the other side where Peach runs, make sure you have food, hay, veggies and a water bottle for her. You want to make sure Baby is not keeping her from eating.
How big is your cage? Cage size for 4 pigs is 13sq feet. 30x76 or 2 grids x6 grids. For one more pig it needs to be even bigger.
Keep us posted on how it is going.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

mrs.zen

Cavy Slave
Welcome to all of you!

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I can not wait to see pictures of your piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.