Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Finally finally Gidgets c & c cage

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Finally finally Gidgets  c & c cageFinally finally Gidgets  c & c cageFinally finally Gidgets  c & c cageFinally finally Gidgets  c & c cageFinally finally Gidgets  c & c cageI just have to get my fleece liners done a cuddle cup here or there.

boofp

Cavy Slave
I was going to add my current grids with these but I have been sick and not feeling up to it

boofp

Cavy Slave
Very nice start! Interesting how you have sectioned the loft. Is that a circular hole that you have created in the grid? I Did cut a hole in the grid (they are plastic) to add a tube to keep her from dragging bedding out of kitchen area.

Just a couple of suggestions: It looks as though you have plenty of room, so why not make it a 2x4 cage to give her more running room. Should you get "piggy fever" and decide to add another female, you'll be all prepared for her. Yes that was the plan i just didn't feel like doing it today

Second, you really need to add a grid by the top of the ramp to keep her safe and not risk her falling out of the cage. I didn't think it was a problem the ramp was wide enough. there is one on the back side of the ramp.

Third, your ramp is too long for your present cage. Gidget needs to be able to do zoomies and run up to the loft and back if she desires. As it is, she would have to make a real effort to even access the ramp, especially when she gets larger. wont be a problem once I expand to 2X4 on the Might just do a 3x3 on bottom.

Sorry you're not feeling well. Must be Delta spring fever. :mischievo
Thanks

ThisLittlePig

Cavy Slave
Second, you really need to add a grid by the top of the ramp to keep her safe and not risk her falling out of the cage.

Just wanted to add that OP does have a grid in back of the ramp. It's just almost impossible to see w/ the backlighting.

Nice cage! I would second making it a 2x4 so there's more room at the end of the ramp. Love your loft idea!

boofp

Cavy Slave
I might make it a 3x3 on bottom.

boofp

Cavy Slave
lol thanks for the advice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.