Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi, I'm "mommy" of 2 cute piggies :)

brigita

Cavy Slave
Hi, I found this forum while googling info on how to make fleece cage liners for my 2 girls, Rosie, and Petunia :love::love:Rosie is my first girl. I got her in Jan. 2010, she is 3 years old. Las week we adopted another girl, Petunia. She is adorable black/white abby, also 3 years old. She looks like little skunk :love:Sadly, but Rosie doesn't like company, so I keep them is separate cages :) Girls keeping me company in the kitchen :)(broken link removed)

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
Aww, so cute. Welcome!

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, cute furbabies.

LaurenB16

Cavy Slave
They;re so cute ^_^

brigita

Cavy Slave
Thanks ! I'll make mistakes in my posts, sorry for that. English is my third language :)

brigita

Cavy Slave
Please tell me, did I chose good fleece for cage liners ?
Order is already placed, but I began reading this forum and got second doubt if I picked correct fleece :(
WinterFleece Graphic Flower Pink/Brown

(broken link removed)

brigita

Cavy Slave

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Please tell me, did I chose good fleece for cage liners ?
Order is already placed, but I began reading this forum and got second doubt if I picked correct fleece :(
WinterFleece Graphic Flower Pink/Brown

(broken link removed)

Yes! Your fleece choice that is in the picture is great. I have all kinds of patterns for my piggies, and I keep buying more because there are so many choices. Good Job!
Just remember to wash it 3 or 4 times before using it and don't use any fabric softener in the washer or dryer.
:)

brigita

Cavy Slave
Thanks ! It's going to be delivered on Monday. I'll post results :)

brigita

Cavy Slave
Done pre-washing fleece. I hope on weekend I'll be able to begin my sewing. My sewing machine is sitting in the closet for 3 years. I work from home, and operating business in the house is totally crazy, so all my craft talents are hidden in the closet. On weekend I'll blow the dust from it :D

I keep giving Rosie and Petunia floor time together. Looks like Rosie is getting tiered of harassing Petunia. She still does it, but not that often and not that aggressive. I hope they become friends :)

brigita

Cavy Slave
One more big thing, I trimmed there mails MYSELF :cool: Look's like going to save a lot of money just trimming there nails myself. 1 piggy manicure cost the same as mani/pedi for me. Thats totally crazy :eye-poppi

brigita

Cavy Slave
hi, just ordered more fleece from fabric.com. I found coupon code -15%, my fleece came out just $4.75 per yard . I'm getting from here (broken link removed)

BOXSTF51

Fabric.com: 15% off a purchase of $50.

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Looks like there are some cute patterns of fleece on the site, good find.

brigita

Cavy Slave
My fleece project is complete. Double layer of fleece and bed pads.
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

mrs.zen

Cavy Slave
Wow, your piggies are adorable and the cage is awesome! I wish I could sew...I used to make simple hammocks out of fleece for my ferrets but that's about how far my talent goes!
Great job :)

brigita

Cavy Slave
Thanks mrs.zen. I made only one set for now. Got no time to make second :(

zoenanai

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness! Both your piggies are cute, but I LOVE Petunia's color! I want a black/white piggie next, I think. Cage looks great too!

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
What a good job!, your furbabies will be very happy with you.

brigita

Cavy Slave
I have a dilemma what to do with Rosie ant Petunia living together. Rosie keeps chasing Petunia. Petunia is afraid to move . As soon as she moves, Rosie start chasing her :( or Rosie comes to her, begin nibbling her fur, ears. She punches her with her nose and thins like that. There is no blood so far, but Petunia is freaking out and screaming when being chased :( She is afraid to go to the second floor to eat. She is not even walking, just hiding. As soon as she moves, Rosie is there :( I moved them together Sunday night. Shoed I give them more time hopping, that Rosie is going to stop chasing Petunia, or do I just separate them for good ?
I feel so bad for Petunia. She is really afraid. But on the other hand, this forum is fool of information that bossing is normal. Is really Rosies behavior normal ? Do they have a chance to become friend ?

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Leave them together. They will work it out between themselves. To keep putting them together and them seperating them only causes stress. On the home page, on the left hand side down abit go to awesome info, you will see Cavy Spirit. click on Cavy Spirit. On the left is a list of entries. Go to the social page. There is all the info you need for pairing piggies. especially under Introductions.

If Petunia is not going to the second floor at this time for food, give her food to her on the level she is at. Same with her water bottle. There should be 2 of everything in the cage. One for each of them.
Keep us posted on their behavior and how it goes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.