PDA

View Full Version : Need a piggie train from North central Arkansas to New Orleans

Ly&Pigs
06-03-05, 10:34 pm
If any of you owners out there live between Mountain View, Arkansas and New Orleans, Louisiana, Voodoojoint and I need your help to transport baby Elly from my house to her house.

VoodooJoint
06-13-05, 10:22 am
Yes please help. I must have Baby Elly! She neeeeeeeeeds me.

Really! anyone that helps I will send out Nawlins Goody baskets to. Your choice of:

-Scary (and authentic) Voodoo Stuff
-Yummy food mixes etc...
-A mix of Voodoo and Food...please don't get them mixed up.
-stuff I found on Bourban Street during Mardi Gras
-for those of you who are too near me and can get all that stuff...I will crochet you a life size Guinea Pig doll instead...possibly a replica of your favorite pig. The more you drive the more pigs I will make you!

I have contacted my and some other homeschool groups to try to enlist their help and gave them links to this site, GL and Pigloo. So...if we get some unfamiliar faces willing to help that is probably who they are.
[/url][url="http://www.pigloo.net/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=12743"] (http://www.pigloo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12743#12743)

TurboPiggy
06-13-05, 10:30 am
Yay Voodoo is gettng baby Elly!!!! Sorry ladies, I don't live anywhere remotely close to you otherwise I would most definitely help. :O(

Ly&Pigs
06-13-05, 11:34 am
Voodoo will get Baby Elly if we can get a piggie train going. That's the only way.

Slap Maxwell
06-13-05, 11:52 am
Have you tried posting on GL?

Ly&Pigs
06-13-05, 11:59 am
Yes and we have a thread on the pigloo too.

mab0615
06-13-05, 02:38 pm
You might want to try here too (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gpig_transport/)

VoodooJoint
06-13-05, 02:42 pm
You might want to try here too (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gpig_transport/)
OOooooooooooooo...Good Idea...thanks!

VoodooJoint
06-13-05, 09:20 pm
I have joined the Yahoo Guinea Pig Rescue Transport and have posted my plea there. I included links to here, GL and Pigloo so that the members can check out my story and make certain that I'm what/who I say I am.

VoodooJoint
06-14-05, 09:31 am
I got an email reply form one of the homeschoolers I petitioned.

Tommy can take Elly from Southaven, MS from the Memphis ride and take her to Batesville, MS. It's about an hour drive.

We may have that leg already covered by mkkayla but it's nice to have a backup. Maybe mkkayla would be willing to pick up Baby Elly from you and bring her to Tommy in Southaven.

divine53
06-20-05, 07:52 am
How is the piggie train coming along? Any more progress?

VoodooJoint
06-20-05, 08:51 am
Not really. Looks like we've stalled out. We haven't given up yet.

RubyPiggie2
06-23-05, 11:36 am
I wish I could drive! Sorry guys...

But on second thought, I couldn't help much- I'm in Missouri, above you guys.

Ly&Pigs
06-24-05, 09:27 pm
Divine53 has graciously offered to drive from Missouri to my house in Arkansas in July and pick up Baby Elly and take her to Bald Knob, AR and I think that Mkkayla will drive to Bald Knob and pick Baby Elly up and take her to Southhaven, MS where someone Voodoo knows will take her to Batesville, MS and we just now have to get transport arranged from Batesville to close to New Orleans.

Yay! We are getting closer to getting her there!

VoodooJoint
06-28-05, 07:37 pm
Well...I have hit up just about every homeschool group, Etherbun and a Dove site I belong to to try to get Baby Elly from Batesville to me. Everyone cross your fingers and pray.

If this doesn't work to heck with my hubbit. I have a friend who is willing to go with me and get Elly from Batesville (but not a good enough friend to go alone)...I just have to think up a good excuse that the Hubbit will buy for being gone for 12 hours.

Denise
06-28-05, 08:36 pm
Wish I could help. I really want Voodoo's goody basket!

Ly&Pigs
06-28-05, 08:37 pm
Crossing my fingers hard!!

Denise
06-28-05, 08:39 pm
Don't cross too hard or you will lose the circulation in them and you won't be able to post!

VoodooJoint
06-29-05, 02:17 pm
Well, Etherbun on Yahoo declined my post. I have always thought highly of Etherbun since they are very house rabbit supporting, anti-breeding, pro rescuue, etc, and I still like the site but It's disheartening that they wouldn't post my plea for transport help even if it isn't for a rabbit.

Ly&Pigs
06-29-05, 06:18 pm
That sucks. Any luck with the Dove site?

VoodooJoint
06-29-05, 06:26 pm
The dove site posted it but so far no response. I'm wondering if 4Hers would be willing to help. There has to be a ton of 4Hers in Miss. I just don't know how to go about getting in touch with them and I'm not certain I want to.

Ly&Pigs
07-01-05, 10:20 pm
I have a surprise for you VJ. If you can drive to Butte, LA, Baby Elly will be there in less than two weeks. I have a friend taking her husband back to Louisiana to get back on his ship and they go through Butte and are willing to drive her down there to you. I don't know exactly what day he has to be back on the ship yet, but I will let you know.

VoodooJoint
07-01-05, 10:30 pm
I have a surprise for you VJ. If you can drive to Butte, LA, Baby Elly will be there in less than two weeks. I have a friend taking her husband back to Louisiana to get back on his ship and they go through Butte and are willing to drive her down there to you. I don't know exactly what day he has to be back on the ship yet, but I will let you know.

Yipee yipee yahoo hurrah!!!!

I will be there with bells on. THAT is a drive I can easily make!!!!

I love you love you love you!!!!!!

lalalalalalalala

VoodooJoint
07-01-05, 11:28 pm
Ly

Clarify with your lovely friend if it's Butte La Rose (near Baton Rouge) or Boutte (nearer New Orleans) she is talking about...or if there is another Butte I don't know about.

Butte La Rose is ~ 2 hours from me

Boutte is 30 minutes from me.

I'll drive to either but I'm just wondering which it is.

Ly&Pigs
07-01-05, 11:39 pm
I looked on mapquest and I am positive that it's Boutte. She said she get's off I310 and gets on 90 and that is where Boutte is. The other place looks like it's off in the boonies. Karen said it's just west of Nawlins'.

VoodooJoint
07-01-05, 11:46 pm
I just looked at the map too and the 310 to 90 route is going to Boutte. Wow...practically door to door service! This is so exciting.

Ly&Pigs
07-02-05, 12:01 am
I thought you went to bed. Just think, in less than 2 weeks, she will be there with you!!!

Ly&Pigs
07-12-05, 06:35 pm
Baby Elly aka Lil' Ly Elly MEGABEAST will be on her way to VJ in New Orleans at about 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. I wish her a safe trip.

VoodooJoint
07-12-05, 06:41 pm
On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again...

YAY! So happy. I will be bringing the digital camera to take some movies of the transfer to me. Ly can't come down with her...maybe another time.

Boy, I have to get Lil' Ly's cage ready.

Ly&Pigs
07-12-05, 06:59 pm
Yep, you have tonight and most of tomorrow to do that. I still have to get Lil' Ly ready. I have to wash down the carrier since it's been sitting out on my parents porch for a while and give Lil' Ly a good bath too. She has a very dirty little bum and she is stinky too.

Ly&Pigs
07-12-05, 10:32 pm
Dang, I am crying now. Karen's son left about 10 minutes ago with Lil' Ly. I am gonna miss her. They are leaving around 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. Let me know if you got my message about their vehicle description.

VoodooJoint
07-13-05, 07:46 am
Ly
I don't see any messeges from you either here or on Yahoo. I meant to give you my car description too. It's probably too late but I have a dark green minivan (Ford Arrowstar) with a bumper sticker in the back window that reads "Cover me I'm changing lanes". I'll be hard to miss 'cause I'll be the one waving the cat carrier and jumping up and down.

PM or IM the car description to me again.

Ly&Pigs
07-13-05, 09:35 am
Ok, I sent you a pm with the info.

VoodooJoint
07-13-05, 05:23 pm
I just got a call from Randall and Kathy. They have just crossed the Louisiana border with Baby Elly. They should be here in about 1.5 hours.

VoodooJoint
07-13-05, 08:36 pm
Baby Elly/Lil Ly/ Megabeast (when my hubby is around) is home.

She seemed to take the trip well. She is in her partitioned off part of my girl's cage (Quarentine was done at Ly's home). She is a little scared and shy at the moment but there is so much new stuff.

She did check out her portion of the cage and both Daisy and Dilly came to say hi through the bars. Daisy seems thrilled to see Lil Ly and was running back and forth popcorning and trying to get through the barrier. Dilly was a little more reserved and did her meaninless rumblestrutt that she does whenever anyone comes near her but showed no aggresion.

I'll be keeping a close eye on all of them and hopefully they can be introduced by the weekend.

I'm happy and relieved that she made it okay and is finally here. This has been a long road (figuratively and literally). I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

VoodooJoint
07-13-05, 09:18 pm
The girls have all had evening veggies. Lil Ly hid at first but after hearing Daisy and Dilly's crunching she came out and made a pig out of herself. BOY, can that little pig put away veggies!

She is now running around and popcorning like crazy. She keeps jumping up on top of the pigloo and then bouncing down. She is exploring every inch she has.

Daisy has worn herself out trying to break Lil Ly out. She spent a good 15-20 minutes chewing, pushing and pulling on the bars. It is obvious that Daisy can't wait to have a new friend.

AngelsCavies
07-13-05, 10:00 pm
Aw that is great. I am so glad that you got her. I bet she is happy.

Ly&Pigs
07-13-05, 10:07 pm
I am at mom and dads right now, but I am so happy that Lil' Ly made it safely there. It sounds like Daisy wants to play with her so bad. I can't wait to see the pics. Did she seem like she made the trip ok?

VoodooJoint
07-13-05, 10:19 pm
She made the trip fine. She munched on veggies on the trip to my house and has been settling in fine.

Ly&Pigs
07-13-05, 11:24 pm
Yay!!! I am so happy that you and your daughter love her.

divine53
07-14-05, 03:15 am
Ly and Voodoo, I am so glad that this worked out for you. I know you are missing her Ly but isn't it wonderful that you will have pictures and frequent updates on Baby Elly? And you know she is in good hands!!

VoodooJoint
07-14-05, 08:26 am
Here are a couple of pictures of Lil Ly (MEGABEAST) in her new home.

Veggie time for all the girls. Lil Ly is making a pig out of herself. Oh yes, interesting observation. Lil Ly will sometimes use her hands like a squirrel when she eats - cute!
http://x3.putfile.com/7/19409192763.jpg

Lil Ly looking oh so cute
http://x3.putfile.com/7/19409194911.jpg
I gotta say...being a little more relaxed this morning and over the drive through scary Cajun Country to pick her up I am totally whipped by this little girl. She's in my lap right now. She is so sweet and funny. She can't seem to take a step without popcorning.

I think she may have a little attitude too, which I love. Everytime Dilly rumblestruts at her, Lil Ly rumbles right back. Poor Dilly is totally confused. She isn't used to getting attitude back. I think she's harmless though because she keeps trying to groom Lil Ly through the bars. I may have floor time all together later to see how it goes. All of the pigs are trying very hard to get through those bars and be together.

Ly&Pigs
07-14-05, 10:57 am
I told you her favorite thing to do is popcorn. I think it's funny that when Dilly rumblestutts at her, she does it back. She never did that here with any of the girls. She has quite a personality and quite a diva attitude. I want pics of floortime!!!

I have been watching my girls since Lil Ly left and Chatty has been looking all over for her daughter. Moppy looks for her too. Moppy and Lil Ly were like best friends. They would play together and chase each other doing mad laps around the cage all the time. The other two seem to care less. I think within a few days Chatty and Moppy will stop looking and be ok.

VoodooJoint
07-14-05, 11:31 am
Awww. Now I feel bad. I hope they get over missing her soon or I'm going to have to start crying.

Ly&Pigs
07-14-05, 06:22 pm
They are doing better this evening. Not looking around for her so much. You are gonna take pictures of the introduction for me I hope or a video or better yet, both!

VoodooJoint
07-17-05, 11:07 am
The girls are all together now in the cage. It's been a couple days and while Lil Ly hid in the tubes a lot at first she is now getting used to her roommates.

Dilly has nearly stopped chasing Lil Ly around trying to hump her (no real aggresion) and at veggie time they are all best friends. Lil Ly does try to steal veggies from my girls' mouths but when the Ds give her a little rumble Lil Ly back off. I expect any time now Lil Ly will get brave enough to do it.

I have video of their intro but I haven't been able to upload it to the web. I don't know if there is a problem with it or what...I'm still trying.

Meanwhile here are some shots of the girls having their veggies this morning.
http://x2.putfile.com/7/19711421298.jpg
http://x2.putfile.com/7/19711433526.jpg
Mommy Ly Look how pretty they made me!
This little girl loves me a lot.
http://x2.putfile.com/7/19711440236.jpg

Ly&Pigs
07-17-05, 11:19 am
I am glad to hear they are getting along well. I love the pics especially that last one! She has some look on her face in the second pic too. She is so adorable with the clippy in her hair. My girls have stopped looking for her now, so that's a good thing. I do still miss her and I probably always will, but I just get my cuddly Baby Elly and sit her next to me. One of the great things about you having her VJ, is that I know I will always get updates, videos and pictures of her. And I know that there will be times when I will get to come visit you and Lil Ly too.

Slap Maxwell
07-17-05, 11:25 am
How sweet, voodoo. I am so happy she is in your hands.

VoodooJoint
07-18-05, 09:17 am
A new picture for Ly.

The girls getting lap/couch time. It took a lot to get them to all hold still for a moment. Someone drooled green veggie juice on Lil Ly's head.
http://x3.putfile.com/7/19810144926.jpg

Ly&Pigs
07-18-05, 11:42 am
They look so cute sitting there together like that. I now have a folder to keep all Lil Ly's pics (and videos) in. I am saving them all!