Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

first post

laurenjf

Cavy Slave
Hi,
This is my first time on this site. I have two female guinea pigs and have been an owner now for about half a year. I currently just built my first C&C cage that is a 28x28" two story cube. And apparently I seem to still be finding out more and more things to care for my pigs. For ex: this might be dumb of me but I was unaware that you had to clip their nails and now I feel like a horrible owner cause I saw a ca lace on Lilly's (my older guinea) foot. I'm definitely heading out and buying clippers tomorrow!

Welcome to the site!

I have a suggestion. A 2x2 is not enough room for two pigs -- they need a flat space to run around (doing what I call their "Nascar zoomies"). You've got enough grids for a 2x4, which gives them much more usable space. If you have room to put a 2x4 down, it would be much better.

Read www.cavyspirit.com/care.htm -- it's got some links to other sites that have good basic care information.

And we need a picture!

Welcome! :) Glad you are here, and interested in learning. I'm still learning, too.

Welcome! This site is great for learning all about taking care of piggies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.