Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Gotta read this to believe this......

pinky

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
It's been flagged! What did it say?

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
It's already flagged for removal :) Couldn't read it.

pinky

Cavy Slave
This appears to be a response someone got back from the Chicago skinny breeder who posts on craigslist. Looks like the breeder was trying to sell one that didn't come out just right. Here's her explanation of why she feels her breeding is a good thing. Pretty twisted..... The first and last sections are from the person who must have sent an email to the breeder. The middle part is the response from the Chicago area skinny breeder who posts ads on craigslist, ebay and a lot of other local sites. Here's the ad:

This is the response I have gotten from the breeder/seller of Hairless Guinea Pigs. I am not opposed to her BREEDING===I am opposed to her SELLING ON Craigslist--- (she posted baby guinea pigsp----adorable)which she defends:

"I breed HAIRLESS to improve the bred. In other to strengthen their immune system I need to breed them once in a while to furry piggies. Thar happens once a year. And YES I don't have a client base for your typical guinea pig... So I do post on CL and over charge in competence to your typical CL animal that is being dumped from their home. By doing that I ensure a good home. I also screen every reply!! Reason why I still have not adopted her out. I receive about 10 email daily on her... Just so you know, it cost me $65 for a vet examination on her. So again I'm not making money on my little GP. I'm just trying to find her a good home. You don't see me advertising my hairless do you?? People find me!! There are only 4 serious invested hairless breeders in the US and I don't need to look for clients. They find me! They know the quality of my breeding program!"
...except for a small problem: she posted ones she bred---for sale. Not an information only site. Beware of this ...& the pseudo 'rescues' run by breeders or any animal. I know breeds who do rescue animals---they just don't post on CL---they allow their organization to post & do the screening.

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
Sounds like some of the drama that goes on at the Austin Craigs List pet section. Lol. They never relize how silly they sound do they?

pinky

Cavy Slave
Sounds like some of the drama that goes on at the Austin Craigs List pet section. Lol. They never relize how silly they sound do they?

That part about only 4 serious invested skinny breeders in the U.S. is the same argument the skinny breeder on here used. I find the whole thing really disturbing.

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
What exactly is a "seriously invested skinny pig breeder"? Is that financially invested? That I find much more disturbing than just a hobby breeder.

pinky

Cavy Slave
What exactly is a "seriously invested skinny pig breeder"? Is that financially invested? That I find much more disturbing than just a hobby breeder.

Yeah, it's like they're staking a claim to a lucrative "business." Sounds like it's right out of the "Godfather."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.