Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Porcelain tile floors

rottiemominde

Cavy Slave
Our kitchen will be upgraded from linoleum/vinyl flooring to porcelain tile floors starting next week. Yippee, I thought! However, husband asked tonight if the piggies will still have floor time in the kitchen after we have the tile installed. Everybody keeps saying how sturdy and easy to clean porcelain tile is, so I'm guessing yes, but I'm starting to doubt myself. Does anyone know if piggie pee is bad for the porcelain tile? They're pretty good at using the litter box, but we do occassionally find 1 or 2 "accidents" on the floor, not to mention orange juice, red pepper juice, lettuce juice, etc from their snacking. If so, we'll just have to move play time to another room, although I do like being close to the veggies, tv, and the "heart" of the home during play time. Thanks in advance!

KD006

Cavy Slave
Nothing much is going to damage a tile floor except dropping a iron skillet, hammer or bowling ball on it provided it is on recomended surface. After about a week you can seal the grout to prevent that from staining.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.