Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HELP!!!

H

herbysmom

HELP!!!

I found these cubes online and I was wondering if they were the right kind for a cage. Please help.

(broken link removed)

A

acapps20022000

Re: HELP!!!

Yep, those are them. Good deal too. Same as K-Mart. You can make a really nice cage with the six cube sets. Have fun!
Ashley

H

herbysmom

Re: HELP!!!

Thanx, someone told me that they won't come apart and I didn't want to buy them without knowing.

A

acapps20022000

RE: comment

They come apart easy. You may want to secure the joints with wire ties though. Makes it really secure.
Ashley

D

DeniseKris

Whack em together with a rubber mallet

Just wanted to say when you're assembling them, you're looking for a "click." That takes a lot of pressure. We used a combination of big pliers and a rubber mallet to fit ours together securely, but once they're together correctly, they will require the mallet again to get them apart.

C

cavytopia

Re: Whack em together with a rubber mallet

We're in the process of building our boys a C&C cage and I got the perimeter built with no problem assembling them and getting the grids to snap into the connectors. However, for added stability (in a household which also has a dog, 4 cats, and 3 children) I also plan to put a grid base on the bottom. I had a hard time getting the grids to snap into that particular slot in the connector so my husband is going to bring home his rubber mallet from work. I sure hope that I don't have to take apart the whole perimeter in order to build the base but have a sinking feeling that I might have to.

Attachments

photo 1.jpg photo 4.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.