Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

look serious case of abuse

bromers

Cavy Slave
last weekend my mum took me to a place called hatton country village. i got told that they have a few guinea pigs and rabbits and sometimes they sell them. so as you can imagine i was realy excited. as soon as i got there the very first thing i did was run to the guinea pigs. BIG MISTAKE. ok the only was to describe there living conditions was: ok everyone have a look at piglets outdoor run now imagine it 2-3 times the size. (sorry piglet for using you but your the only person i could think of) how many guinea pigs would you put in there? well they have min 350 but they have lost count. boys and girls were mixed up and they had 27 pregnant guinea pigs that they new off kept in a cage smaller then a 3x2 i counted. this is that they knew off. they also had one rabbit with all these guinea pigs. i would say in there cage they had the same amount of food as i feed my guinea pig and rabbit a day. the water was dirty. also they had lost there license to sell they guinea pigs. the public was allowed to hold the gps every hour for half and hour alll day. it was noisy smelly and cramped. the gp's were skinny looking and all there ears are all chewed up from i guess fights some have no eyes, and toes. they all had fleas and baby guinea pigs along with there mothers were soon put back into the crowd. and gp's that had problems weith them they were treated the worst. you know when your at the petshop and your bringing your guinea pig home you get those little carrier thing well half the size of that and put 4 pigs in there. i had my camera and took pictures put i cant get it on the computer i will get it up as soon as possible so you can see it. also the staff had no clue about them. one gp started humping a next one and a member of staff started laughing and pointing i mean grow up. they were not holding them and when they put them back into the area they litrally threw them in.

i am sorry for any spelling mistakes as i am very tired.

bromers

Cavy Slave
oh and when i told them that there cruel they told me to shut up because im a stupid little girl who doesnt know anything.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
How awful!!! I wish I could help them..!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Bromers! That is absolutely awful :( I think that the outdoor run I have is too small for 2 pigs...how can they be such idiots? Do you think that you will go there again? Tomorrow, please call the RCSPA. They'll be on the case straight away because you have evidence (the pictures). They are the only ones that can sort this mess out. Where is it bromers? I want to check it out for myself

bromers

Cavy Slave
i catn remember but here is the website: (broken link removed) its near warickshire i think.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Will you phone the RSPCA?

bromers

Cavy Slave
are they going to take me serously? i mean i dont think they can do anything what are they going to do with 350+ gp's. at least let me get more pictures i mean your battery's for you camera go at the worst time. i have 4.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Of course they'll take you seriously! They may not rescue or take away those pigs, but they will definately make the conditions better. They'll ask them to make new cages and divide up the sexes. Ok, let's see the pictures first!

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
That is awful! I can't even imagine it. I don't know what else to say!

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
Of course they'll take you seriously! They may not rescue or take away those pigs, but they will definately make the conditions better. They'll ask them to make new cages and divide up the sexes. Ok, let's see the pictures first!

Please do something about this, you are the only one with a brain that has visited there, because someone else would have called the ASPCA.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I don't get your post...?

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Call the RSPCA on 0870 5555 999. This MUST NOT be allowed to continue. If I wasn't in Scotland I'd drive down and look at it myself. If you are within the same local authority, contact them as well - preferably environmental health or animal control. The RSPCA WILL ACT if it is as bad as you say it is.

Teria

Cavy Slave
This is absolutely disgusting. Please do something about it!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I'm such a doofus, I just re read your post Lyndsay *flicks herself* Hey...its nearly midnight, I'm tired =)

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
thats horrible! ofcourse the RSPCA will take you seriously, that's what there job is to do. You should call right away, and it will make the piggies lives better and will make you feel good for doing the right thing.

Amber

Cavy Slave
That is horrible!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
From the website:

"Guinea Pig Village
Here in their very own miniature village, Hattons' own 300 resident guinea pigs are always happy to make new friends. Drop by to say hello and you're sure to enjoy a few cuddles."

widallas

Cavy Slave
It's a sad fact that so many people see guinea pigs (and other "rodents") as 'disposible' animals....

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Do something and don't wait. Please.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
That's horrible. I hope you do report them.
(I hope you don't take this the wrong way, bromers, but use punctuation properly...I'm sorry if I sound like a teacher or some loser with nothing better to do than to pick out punctuation errors - oops...I am a loser with nothing better to do than to pick out punctuation errors.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.