Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage need help with temporary divider

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
just returned home with our newest family member - a 5 year old boar we got from a rescue. i have 2 5 month old boys and a 2 X 6 C & C cage. when i came home, introduction were in the bathtub, and went ok - not great. some scuffling, mounting, teeth chattering - the expected dominance jockeying. i put them back in the newly cleaned cage, with things re-arranged, and made some attempt at a divider between the new pig and the other 2. it's just 2 grids zip tied together and then zip tied to the grids on the sides of the cage. my problem is that it's not very sturdy - the one pig is chewing and trying to shake the grids loose. the fleece liner runs the length of the cage, which gets in the way some. please help with any suggestions about a temporary divider for a few days while they get to know each other. thanks!!

Cavalicious

Cavy Slave
can you run a plexiglass or coroplast piece on the chewy pig's side that is high enough that he won't reach the grids with his teeth? It will also stabilize it. You can score and bend both ends and clip it to the regular coroplast sides.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.