Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My boys and their fun cage

P

peachygrl

My boys and their fun cage

Here are a few shots of my boys - Harry, the grey & white silkie and Bedhead the abyssinian - not sure what color he is but he looks like a cinnamon agouti to me? The boys seem to really like their 2x4 C&C cage (it sits half-on, half-off the fireplace so I supported the front with grid pieces), I just added the corner hay rack tonight and Bedhead likes to lounge underneath it! :eek:) If you have any questions about how I did anything or where I found anything you see in the cage just let me know!

--Amy

I

IMACAVYLOVER

The Photos.

Peachygrl,
The photos are very nice but they took a few minutes to load. The bigger the better though- take care :)
Christopher

I

IMACAVYLOVER

Re: The Photos.

By the way,
your two piggies look like two of my males!
Maybe they're related?? LOL!
Christopher

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1403453627868.jpg
P

peachygrl

hindsight is always 20/20...

I guess I should have just put the URLs for the pics in my message. The display on my camera is broken so I'm not quite sure how to select for it to take smaller pictures. Oh well! Have you posted any pics of your fellas Christopher? I love looking at piggie pics :eek:) They've got such character. I've had these guys for about a month now and while Bedhead has wheeked the entire time, Harry just started this week and when they start in stereo it's pretty loud!

S

STARgardener

Re: hindsight is always 20/20...

Peachygrl,
Yes I have shown a few pictures of my guinea pigs. I posted a thread with them in it. I currently have 17 cavies, and this is just a few.

I

IMACAVYLOVER

Re: hindsight is always 20/20...

Whoops,
I'm sorry. I'm STARGardener- I accidentally signed in the Cavy Cages Forum with another identity I use at a garden Forum.
Anyway, Peachygrl, like I said- I have posted some pics under the General Chat Forum.

C

cavytopia

Re: My boys and their fun cage

Nice photos! Great cage and cute piggies!!!

What type of mirror did you use for the cage? How did you attach it?

P

peachygrl

mirror!

Hi cavytopia!

I actually bought that mirror at the auto parts store - it's one that clips onto the visor of your car? Well, since I no longer needed it (sold that car) I got the idea to clip it onto the coroplast side of the cage to see if it would work - it did! It sits flush against the coroplast so they can't get the edge up to chew on it. :)

C

cavytopia

Re: mirror!

Thanks peachygrl! I noticed in your photos that the mirror seemed to sit flat against the coroplast to prevent chewing. I'll have to look for one for my boys.

N

Nibblet8

Re: mirror!

I used a locker mirror. It is plastic and has a magnet on the back. I drilled a hole in the top of it and used cable ties to keep it in place. Works for me. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.