Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New member entering the fun

Rkirkpatrick76

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone,
Just want to start out saying thank you for all the information you guys post. I have two guineas, MJ and Molly. They are about 2 months old and have had them for over a month now. Any suggestions on making them less shy? ive been picking one up at a time for at least 20 min or so a couple times a day. I also hand feed them carrots.
Thanks again everyone :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Keep on keeping on. Just don't overdo the carrots -- one baby carrot per day is plenty. But cilantro is fine, and other herbs like dill, thyme, basil, etc. You can actually just feed part of their daily allotment of veggies by hand while you're holding them -- it's a rare thing for a guinea pig to turn down food.

They're very skittish, as you know, so it will take some time for them to be comfortable with you. But you're going in the right direction, so just keep it up.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! We would love to see some pigtures of your piggies!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Ditto the pigture request, please feed our addiction:crazy:!

Rkirkpatrick76

Cavy Slave
Pictures will be coming shortly. I'm in the middle of a move (an now i can big them a bigger cage :D ).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.