Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage My newly built c&c cage(:

lunamoth38

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting in these forums. I have been admiring everyone's cage setups and trying to build one of my own. Well with tons of help my the boyfriend (and most of the ideas) I was able to build a very pretty and aesthetic cat proof c&c cage for my piggies. Please rate what you think of them<3

The Piggys
( they do not get along after several introductions, I have given in to their stubborn behavior.)

On the top level we have Uhura, my female abby. Uhura was abused and I rescued her when she was a year old (she was born on Christmas eve) she doesn't like being picked up but shes a wonderful lap pig.

On the bottom level is Savannah, I bought her as a baby, she was not a rescue and from the evil pet smart. But hey, I went in there for supplies and she stole my heart. I don't mind where she came from, I love her and shes happy and healthy...I would also like to add she has the lungs of an opera singer.

The cage

My cage is a 2x3 area with a convertible roof to keep my noisy cat out and a plexiglass hinged door to access Savannah's enclosure. Now I had the worst time findin supplies to build this cage, especially the grids. I finally found the grids at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $19.99 in a set of 17. To build this cage I needed 2 boxes. The plexiglass was built by the boyfriend and cut to an exact size of 3 grids. and the convertible top is just three wooden rods zippy tied across the roof with an exact area cut of an old sheet we had laying around. all in all I love how my c&c cage turned out and I hope my information helps future c&c builders:)

The Enclosure

022.jpg023.jpg024.jpg026.jpg027.jpg

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
Hmm...I give it a C -....JK looks FANTASTIC! I bet your piggies are quite excited.

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
I don't know if you added zip ties or not, but if you have any issues with grid stability, they work wonders

lunamoth38

Cavy Slave
Haha! thanks! they do love it. I was amazed when I starting reading up on my piggy's a little bit more to realize just how small those pet store cages were. I was guilt ridden for days while I found the supplies to build the enclosure, but it had to be done! I felt so bad keeping them in those tiny cages for so long. My room is slowly shrinking in size though, as I now house these two piggys, a fully grown male cat who is to scared to leave my room, and a bearded dragon....oui.

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
Haha! Every now and then I will buy my roommates a six-pack or some coffee to thank them for letting me put a 2x6 in our living room.

sewlittle

Cavy Slave
If you have a cat...not sure how sturdy the roof will be if it jumps up and lands on it. where there is a will there is a way with cats! Other than that...good job!

lunamoth38

Cavy Slave
swelittle, my cat is honestly the laziest cat I have ever seen. lol he doesnt even show an intrest in the guinea pigs or the cages. it was just a precautionary measure:) he hasn't even sniffed the new cages lol.

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
WOW Awesome cage!!! And beautiful Guinea pigs!

lunamoth38

Cavy Slave
thanks crystalkate, dont let their cuteness fool you, they are both brats lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.