Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help with fleece

SallyBerger

Cavy Slave
Hi. I'm new here. Looking for inexpensive bedding options and what is the fleece y' all are talking about? Natural fleece or the kind that people make blankets etc out of? The kind that you get at the fabric store that comes in a wide assortment of patterns? I need someone to SPELL it out for me. Also I have an old train
table of my kid's that I would like to convert into a cage for two guinea pigs. Any suggestion on how to make this work would be great

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
The fleece you buy at the fabric store is fine. You need at least one layer of it, I use two.

There is absolutely no reason to use two layers of fleece. The reason to use fleece is to wick away the moisture from the surface into the absorbent layer underneath, if there are two layers this will not work as well, and moisture could get trapped & cause more odor.

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
There is absolutely no reason to use two layers of fleece. The reason to use fleece is to wick away the moisture from the surface into the absorbent layer underneath, if there are two layers this will not work as well, and moisture could get trapped & cause more odor.

Ok then...

SallyBerger

Cavy Slave
Thank you! Wish I had all this time to be researching!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.