Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Urgent please help

Chikochikka

Cavy Slave
hey guys i got 2 piggies 2day and soon i am getting 2 more anyway the two i have got one is 7weeks old and the second one is 9 weeks old. i put them in my C&C Cage and 1 min later the 7 week old one got in between the grids and got out the cubes are 9 down and 9 cross please help

Frapplove

Cavy Slave
Did you catch your baby guinea pig again? My guinea pigs are not that small, but what I've read from here is that if they can get out, you need to raise the coroplast around the walls of the cage, to where they can't go over it and slip through the holes in the grids. Do you mean the baby slipped between the grids themselves? What I've done for some of my grids, especially the corners, is use zip-ties to bring them closer together, so there is no gap between grids.

ally112087

Cavy Slave
Wow...they must really want to get out. I had a 4 week old and she was not able to get through. They must really want to explore your house...

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
How high are your coroplast walls?

Babies can fit their heads, and in your case it sounds like their entire bodies through the squares. You can set up cardboard all the way around the cage until they get bigger, or maybe use left over pieces of coroplast. If you have a hard time finding a way for the cardboard to stay up, I would use the big strong binder clips and clip it to the grids. If you don't have either of those laying around I would cover the grids with fleece.

I also don't know the situation, but if these are your first guinea pigs I might suggest not rushing into getting more until you've had these for a while. It's obviously your choice, but since they're so young I might give them a chance to grow up some and for you to get used to their care before adding more.

Chikochikka

Cavy Slave
hey guys yes i did catch her again licky with some help of 3 other people haha funny i have raised the sides of the fleece up to 5 squares high do you think she woul be still able to get out

lissie

Cavy Slave
For babies and up to 6 months, I recommend making the coroplast 9 or 10 inches high.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.