Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello other piggie-lovers!

NB3 little pigs

Cavy Slave
I've referenced this site for the past year or more and finally decided to make an account after my 11 year old asked to post pictures of our three little pigs.

It started with me buying one of two guinea pigs from the pet store. At the time, I didn't realize just how lonely one piggie can get. So, after 4 months of looking at the poor little orphan at the pet store, I bought him too. That was 3 years ago and just 3 weeks ago we adopted another boar who had always lived alone.

To my delight, the three have settled in very well together. I expected one to stand out as the alpha, but they seem to all be co-habitating. The newcomer, however, is still the odd man out being the only pig who will NOT eat any fruits or vegetables. He actually runs away from carrots!

Adding a third boar has changed our eco-system. I'm looking forward to tips and suggestions for keeping them all happy. They are so much fun!

.Meep.

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

Awesome to hear that your once lonely guinea pigs are now living life together as a herd. I started with just one guinea pig and than adopted my second. It took a while for them to get a long but they are now living together and respecting each other's personal space.

As for the veggies he will learn to eat them by watching the others. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.