Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Has anyone tried these in a cat cohabitation situation

ExcavtorBoy

Cavy Slave
I have cats, that is not going to change, we are even talking about, gasp, a DOG.

So I came across these panels and wondered if they would work for parts of the wall in a C&C cage where you wanted security more than the view. It might also help where you needed to back a hay feeder or any other area where a low side might let stuff get kicked out.

Merax Mesh Cube Storage Set (Silver)

So what do you all think? I can't see a pig getting hurt on it unless those sides are like shredders.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They probably would work, but the C&C grids will also work. What's really needed is something sturdy for the lid, especially if you're considering a dog. Closet shelving makes a good lid, and in fact, my whole cage is made of closet shelving. It certainly isn't fazed by our twenty-pound mutt, and in fact, I think it would probably stand up to an all-out large-dog attack.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
There are some people who use those cubs for parts of the cage. I don't think anyone has had a problem with them. The only safety suggestion for cats/dogs/toddlers is to have a lid and some sort of clip to keep it closed. Check out the photo section for ideas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.