Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Craiglist ad

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I just don't understand people with animals sometimes.. Check this ad out.

(broken link removed)

For those you don't understand french is basical say:

hello I give a male dwarf hamster without cage not sociable, bits all the time giving away don’t care what happens to him can be used for reptile food thank you

We jsut hope that his still availble..We would love to have him part of our HAMSTER HIDEOUT ROOM. We have had a hamster once that was so aggresive..BUt after many many treats was not at all...

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
WE GOT HIM!!! His a cutey..We haven't held him yet BUT he has climbed the cage to the door but we are nervus to to hold..We are going to give him a day or two to get used to use..

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Oh thank god! That is just horrible!! Congrats on your new piggy! I fostered a "biter" pig before. She came from a home where they said she consistently drew blood from them and even their kids. I gave her alone time for about 24 hours and then proceeded to hold her. The first time she nipped my finger a little bit, I just pulled it away and kept holding her calmly while petting her. She tried to nibble a bit a few times here and there but she never once drew blood from me or my family members. I say this because I think it is likely that this "biting pig" you rescued was just scared or uneasy because they weren't treating/holding him properly. He learned that if he bit down on their fingers, they would leave him alone and put him down.

Just be patient, make him feel safe and secure, and hold him lots! Good Luck and so glad you saved him from potential snake food!

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That's excellent that you got him! He'll have a great life with you!!

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
it's a dwarf hammie not a piggy..

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
it's a dwarf hammie not a piggy..

Haha oops! Typo! I actually have no idea why I wrote piggy! I guess I had my piggy story on my mind so wrote "piggy" I figured the same principle applies for the most part, no? Show him kindness and don't let him 'win' when he bites by putting him down. hehe Anyways, best of luck to you and the HAMMY haha

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
Heheh Thanx :) He is a cute little guy he is already taking food from our fingers...and they said he was not sociable...he will have a good home that is for sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.