Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi all, I'm new!

Zammi21

Cavy Slave
I don't have any piggies, but I'm really hoping to soon! I'm doing my research and creating a slideshow on how awesome Guinea Pigs are, plus i'm going to have a friend maybe bring her pig over to my house to show how awesome they are. Any tips on how to do some more convincing? My dad builds houses so he could whip up a C&C cage in a day or two for me. I've been looking at cages and found that I have the perfect spot for one, its in a great spot, and gets light from my skylight all day, but not too much. The only thing I have to do is move the trunk that is there as of right now, which shouldn't be a problem! So anyways, any tips for helping convince my parents to let me get a cavy?

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Hi Zammi21. Welcome to the forum.

It is so awesome to hear that you are doing your research before you get piggies.

I think the slideshow is a great way to show your parents that you have done your research and are prepared to make a commitment to them.

Have you considered adopting? That might help too. You'll be showing your parents that you don't just want them to rush out to a petstore and fork over money. Rescues usually charge less and have healthier pigs. Plus you'll be saving a life.

If you post your city or zip code we can help find rescues or shelters in your area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.