Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey Guys

Chikochikka

Cavy Slave
hey guys i as you can see i am a newbie and most of you guys live in Amercia i live in Australia and guinea pigs a really famous here they are so famous that there is never ever guinea pigs in a shelter. at petshops as soon as they get them in they get to new homes that afternoon they are bought in. at school out of 28 kids half of them have more than 6 guinea pigs but sadly :weepy: over here no one knows about C&C Cages so they are all trapped in small cages. very soon i am getting four guinea pigs i am so exicted i cant wait for them :D . that reminds me i need some ideas for the bottom of my C&C Cage should i use towels or newspapper i am going for more towels at the moment so give me your thoughts
thanks

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
Welcome! We'd LOVE to see pictures when you get them! I would use towels, for sure! Newspaper sticks and rips and starts to smell very quickly. Will you be using fleece as well?

Chikochikka

Cavy Slave
thanks for the letting me know over here it is summer so it is going to be very very hard to find fleece here at the moment and i sure will when i get them thanks

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! I can't wait to see pigtures!

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
Hello! I'm from Aus as well.
Spotlight and Lincraft ALWAYS have fleece. Lovely to see that you're interested in making a bigger cage :)
What state do you live in? There are small animal rescues everywhere, not to mention the RSPCA.

sidhashair

Cavy Slave
Hey, I see from another of your posts that you're in SE Queensland (me too!). There are quite a few guinea pig specific rescues in Queensland, and at this time of year, they are full to the brim. There certainly isn't a shortage of pigs here! As Grace said, Lincraft and Spotlight have fleece, other places like Crazy Clark's, Big W and K-Mart do too.

Chikochikka

Cavy Slave
hey thanks very much i live an hour from brisbane in a little town called boonah not many people have guinea pigs out here if you do they call you babies haha but i dont care

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.