Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forum & cavy world!

sweetpcorn

Cavy Slave
Hello!

My grandmother gave me a guinea pig at Christmas (I was wanting one). I got her at December 18, and this January 18 Yume gave birth to two cute babies!

When I was in doubt if she was pregnant, I found this forum, and now I decided to join to show everyone their cuteness.

I uploaded today a video of the babies with one-day-and-a-half-old. Hope you enjoy it! ;)

[video=youtube_share;ooYlaLNy28k]https://youtu.be/ooYlaLNy28k[/video]

PS: I'm from Brazil, so English isn't my mother language. Feel free to correct me!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Your English is fantastic! I'm not sure where you uploaded the video of your piggies but please let us know so we can see them. If you can copy and paste the link it would really help.

sweetpcorn

Cavy Slave
Thank you!

The video is at my previous post.
Or it isn't showing?

Last edited:

kirsty91

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are soooo cute! I can see the video no problem. Your english is also very good =)

Just an FYI since you said you were new to guinea pigs. If any of the babies are male make sure to separate them from the females at 3 weeks otherwise you'll end up with more babies!! haha

Do you plan on keeping the babies or rehoming?

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I was able to view the video this time and it was too cute! Thank you for sharing that with us. Have you picked out names for the babies?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!! Ditto the questions: Are you keeping them? Do they have names? I saw the video, they are so cute!! She had...2, right? We'd love any other pictures/videos you have :)

sweetpcorn

Cavy Slave
kirsty91
I wouldn't mind if she gets pregnant again, haha. But not by her son! So it will not be happening soon. I'm aware from that and I sure will separate them by 3 weeks, even if I have to put each one alone in a cage till I know their gender.
I am totally keeping them! I was worried that Yume would be feeling alone since my grandma gave me only her, and I was really happy when I saw her belly moving.

Hhbean
No, they don't have names yet, I'm waiting to know their sex, but I am accepting suggestions!

arionat799
Thank you!
Yes, I am keeping, and no, no names yet. Yes! I sit at her side a long time waiting for more babies haha. Yume was so fat that I didn't believe that only 2 were born.
I will post some pictures of them with 3 hours old (couldn't wait longer to hold them and take pics!).

sweetpcorn

Cavy Slave
RxTQuh.jpg
EbVwvh.jpg
P6OvFh.jpg
ukKSTh.jpg

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Omg they are soooo adorable!!!

If you need name help, what kind of names do you like? (Food, human, etc.)

I kinda like Smores for the blonde and Cinnamon for the brown/black :)

sweetpcorn

Cavy Slave
I had to google Smores! It looks delicious haha.

I like Cinnamon. But I don't think it would work here because of the Brazilian accent, and the portuguese word have kind of sounds weird. But it remmembered me of Brownie. Do you think it is a nice name?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Hahahahha sorry, forgot your from Brazil :p

What about portugese? lol

I like Brownie too, that suits her/him perfectly!! (can't remember if you said what gender it is lol)

sweetpcorn

Cavy Slave
I don't know their gender yet, but I'm hoping to be two girls so I can keep them together. :heart:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.