Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Recommended Size?

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Hi! I recently purchased a C&C cage for my bunny from a lady off CraigsList. It came with 44 grids, 50 connectors, 4 sheets of coroplast, and a ClosetMaid shelf she used as a ramp. I am going to be putting it together in my room soon, preferably next weekend as we have a three day weekend as of Martin Luther Day. I have a couple options. First off, does any bunny owners know of a recommended cage size for two bunnies? I have two boys, but their cages need to be separated until they are neutered. I have the option to do a 2 x 10, but then I'll have to wait longer as I'll have to move my closet,desk, and window seat. It does have the obstacle of two windows, but I am thinking of resolving that problem by covering a sectional part of the cage by the window with fleece during the winter and keeping my window shades down in the summer. We have a moderate temperature in our house that is just right for them. I also have the option of a 2 x 3, but that's insanely small for two bunnies to share.

I want to get this done as soon as possible, because I feel very sorry that my poor bunny is living in a store bought cage not even recommended for one guinea pig! My mom is doing everything she can and creating excuses that we are too busy or whatsoever to put up a new cage for them. I joined this site in July and since then have been researching cage designs and such and participating in the forum. My other bunny has a slightly bigger cage, but is still not in the best size either. I excersize them everyday outside for atleast 30 mins each, and on bad weather days, I set up a playpen for them to run around each in separately.

I figured if I started moving a bit of furniture myself and got my Dad to help with my closet,I'll have all that empty space and explain things to her. I'm in quite a dilemma though, and have limited time. :( Well, there's my novel. Any advice? :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.