PDA

View Full Version : Cage mum wont listen!

avengedsoph
01-04-12, 01:26 pm
hey! so i have pet store cages for my piggies and ever since i found out about c&c cages i feel awful, i really want to give them one but my mum thinks they will take up too much space and will cost more money, i said i would pay for them but she doesnt really listen!
we dont have a very big house but it is out of the question to get rid of them!
can you help me convince my mum to let me get the c&c cages pleasee!!!!

sillylittle
01-04-12, 01:37 pm
I'm still doing my research, but for me, I calculated the price of just the cubes and coro as around $40, and then everything else (bedding, toys, pigloos, etc) would be probably another $30-40. You can always sell the other cages to recoup your losses on building. In my opinion, I'd rather pay $70-80 for a 12 sq foot cage than $100 for a 5 square foot cage. If I were in your position, I'd do extensive research, finding out exactly how much it would cost to build your C&C, and where you would place it to maximize their space but minimize your mother's inconvenience. I know a lot of people have used Powerpoint in order to convince their parents that a larger cage was necessary. You can provide them with the link to this forum's home page (Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home (http://www.guineapigcages.com/)), show them how you can incorporate the new cage into the home and how it wont be an eye-sore, how harmful the pet-store cages can be, and show them videos of piggies popcorning in their open space vs. popcorning in pet-store cages. Hopefully this helps, and you're able to convince your mother that this is the right thing to do for your piggies.