Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage Designing Help!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Hi! :) Today I am going to start building my new C&C cage. I have room for a 2 x 10, but right now only for a 2 x 5, because I will have to move and give up my closet for a 2 x 10 (which is fine by me). I have two bunnies that need the cage to be separated as they are both boys until I get them neutered, as I couldn't help saving our second boy's life before he was sent to the Humane Society to be euthanized for Christmas. :( I do have two windows that are obstacles.... There is enough room for 1 grid in height until you reach the floor from the window. I plan to make my cage sit on a stand, but would be willing to buy some fleece (as I need it for the liner anyway) to put over the cage during winter to keep out the cold air from the window. I have two of those windows as obstacles, one on the left side, one on the right. In the middle where my closet is now, I have a break from the windows. There I am thinking of building a kitchen/loft area. I am also thinking of adding a pair of female piggies to my furry family later on, in a few months, so the space will have to accommodate them also. I'm thinking of doing a 2 x 10, having each bunny have a separated 2 x 5, then when both are neutered, have them share a 2 x 6 and the female piggies share the remaining 2 x 4. There will be lofts and that sort, but that is the basic runway of the cage. I have 44 grids and 50 connectors, but would be willing to purchase more as I know it is needed.. :). I do understand that bunnies need a 2 grid high cage, and I will have to add a cover also as my new boy cleared his 2 ft high hutch with ease and the 3 ft drop to our slippery hardwood floor in seconds with ease. (I just went to get him fresh water! :O)
Anyways, I will be moving my desk today so if you need any pictures of the area I plan to build in to help better visualize everything, feel free to give me a shout. :) All comments and greatly appreciated and will be given a "Thanks" of proved useful. Thank You & Happy New Year! :D

Squint96

Cavy Slave
Pictures of the space would be great- I'm awful at visualizing :)

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
After I have breakfast, I'll go snap a few pictures for you and post them in a few minutes. :) Thanks!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Here are the pictures. Oh, did I mention my room? No, my mistake. This is my sister's room. Its the only place I can fit a c&c, otherwise im stuck with a pet store cage. Sorry, for the messiness. It will be cleared today, and the desk and toybox will be moved also. :) 108_1169.jpg108_1170.jpg

BunnyLove

Cavy Slave
If you move some stuff around you could fit a decent sized cage in there. Btw her room's pretty.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
That's what we are planning just to do. Move out the closet, move the toybox and sell it, sell the desk, and put a bigger desk in at the end where there is an indent at the wall. Thanks! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.