Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New here, fairly new to piggies!! :)

schcandy12

Cavy Slave
Hi there, I'm Chris, and I have two females. They are technically my 6-year-old son's, but most of their care and feeding comes down to me, of course. He's still learning responsibility for an animal.
The pigs names are Pretty and Pretty-Pretty. I'll have to get some pics up, they are so cute. One is smooth with black, white and tan, and the other is pure white with long, swirly fur. We adopted Pretty from a shelter, and got Pretty-Pretty from Petco. I didn't know about Petfinder or I would have adopted the second one, too. I'd rather adopt than buy.
I just ordered a giant cage for them, and I can't wait for it to get here so I can put new toys in it and everything.
I can't wait to read the boards and learn more about piggies and meet fun people!

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum!! Can't wait for pigtures!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of piggies! You will find tons of great info here for the best care for your new girls.
Looking forward to sharing and seeing pictures of your new loves.

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
I love the names :))

schcandy12

Cavy Slave
Yeah, the names are pretty funny. I think my son thought Pretty was the most beautiful pig he'd ever seen, and then he saw Pretty-Pretty. Pretty-Pretty is his favorite. She loves to be cuddled. I tend to like Pretty the best :) My husband likes them both, but he doesn't handle them much.

schcandy12

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I've already learned a TON about fresh veggies and found out I was feeding too many carrots and not enough veggies in general -- only about 1/2 cup each. They are going to be sooo happy at snack time when they get extra and more varied treats!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.