Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps I need ideas for a reinforced ramp?

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Alright I have some questions concerning my new cage I am in the final (ish) stages of completing. Right now, I need a ramp up to the new 2x2 loft. I found my old one which consists of two grids and a piece of coroplast hot glued to it. It's very bouncy and just plain bad, hehe.
  • Does anyone know how I can make a reinforced much stronger ramp with simple materials? I would like something similar to the GP Zone's ramps, just not for that price. That's a bit steep for me.
I have grids, and coroplast already and am living on a college student's budget so anything else, as low cost as possible guys. I am the master of improvising to save a buck too so any ideas are good ideas. :)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are the grids connected to each other with cable ties? If you bend it in a L-shape and connect with lots of cable ties, it should be pretty strong.

Try these ramps:

This one is a bit short, but you could use 3 grids, or overlap just one square at the end.

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Yes they are bent in a U shape and zip tied at the ends. I could try this, was hoping for a less "gridy" ramp, but whatever works, right? :)

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
I am actually using a white powder coated metal shelf. I lined the shelf part with a piece of nice carpet and cable tied it down. If you'd like, I can snap a picture tomorrow and pass it along to you. :) Hope I helped!

lissie

Cavy Slave
If you are looking for less griddy look, you could go to lumber yard and look in their scrap piles. You can often get a free piece of wood or pay $1 for it.

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the ideas everyone :)
I'll have to go through those instructions again not half asleep spy9doc, but that's what I'm going for thanks !

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
I am actually using a white powder coated metal shelf. I lined the shelf part with a piece of nice carpet and cable tied it down. If you'd like, I can snap a picture tomorrow and pass it along to you. :) Hope I helped!

Pictures are always helpful, thanks you :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.