PDA

View Full Version : Cage Bedding help, Fleece and microplush

Guinea_Pig_Help
12-27-11, 07:29 pm
Hi! I was wondering if I could use microplush (I think that's what it's called) instead of fleece for my cage bedding?

Thankyou!

kirsty91
12-27-11, 07:53 pm
I'm not sure if you can't use it but the reason people use fleece is because of the way it absorbs it. Towels just hold in the pee and stuff while it goes through the fleece so it stays dry and not smelly. If you use the wrong type of material then it will stay where your piggies are living and smell very quickly.

Onetwo
12-27-11, 08:07 pm
Take the fabric and a towel and drop a tsp of warm (pee temp) water on the fabric. If it wick the water to the towel underneathe and the top is dry to the touch after 5-10 mins it will work...

lissie
12-27-11, 08:08 pm
I've tried microplush fleece and it doesn't work. After several wash and dry, it's still waterproof.

Guinea_Pig_Help
12-27-11, 08:28 pm
Thanks guys!

legslovesdonnie
12-27-11, 08:35 pm
I've tried microplush fleece and it doesn't work. After several wash and dry, it's still waterproof. Micro plush is different than microplush fleece. Neither work bacuase of smell and being less absorbent

lissie
12-29-11, 01:25 am
I thought micro plush was referred to micro plush fleece. I just did a quick google search, micro plush fabric does not wick, so it can't be used.