Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm Zuidy! Gotta Love the Piggies!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I am Zuidy, and I just recently built a 2x4 (in grids) C&C cage. I don't have any Guinea Pigs yet, but I am going to probably get a gift card for Petco and I can go and pick 2 of them out for myself.

Yeah, the first post is always awkward........ haven't really seen many Guinea Pig lovers in the real world yet, so I figured why not join a forum. It couldn't hurt.

I have extensively researched the Cavy, and I wanted to know what everybody's thoughts on the little creatures are.

So, yeah, I am Zuidy and I hope I am welcome to the forum.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! :) Everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeable and can help you if you have any questions. I bet you are excited to get pair of piggies! Instead of buying them from a pet store, you might want to look at adoption centers near you, because there is tons of pets in rescues waiting for homes around Christmas. If it worked, you'd feel good because you gave a homeless pet a home. You can do a google search or something to find a list of rescues in your area. Good Luck! :)

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the input! I do remember that on occasion, Petco has adoptable pets that they rescued.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Sure. :) if you wanted to you could still do Petco, but I would do a local rescue. Just a suggestion. Good Luck! :)

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Yes I think I will look for a rescue.

Also, I just read that I shouldn't put my age in any posts...... how can I edit the first post here then?

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
It should say underneath the post "Edit Post". You click on that and you can edit. :) I'm really glad that you are choosing the adopt from a rescue, as you are giving a homeless pet(s) a home! Good Luck in your research!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Thanks! But I don't see an "Edit Post" option in my first post..... hmmmm...

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
I guess if you can't edit it, this one time is fine. Just try not to do it in the future ;) Good Luck picking out your piggies!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
I guess if you can't edit it, this one time is fine. Just try not to do it in the future ;) Good Luck picking out your piggies!

Thanks so much! I am glad to have found somebody who is willing to talk to me. Thanks a bundle! I appreciate it a lot!

Well, can't wait to get my piggies!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
It's always nice to help out new members, and fun! :) I can send you a friend request, if you want, so we can keep in touch.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
That would be great! Go ahead and do it!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Sent it. I'm really glad I helped you and you decided to adopt from a rescue! I wish you luck in picking out your piggies and researching them. Thank You! :)

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Great.

I said I would LOOK into a rescue. Yes, it would be a great thing to do.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Glad I helped you! Have fun exploring the site! :)

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Alright. Thanks Happy!

nicholelynne

Cavy Slave
Hi Zuidy, and welcome to the forum! :) You seem to have started off on the right foot with building your C&C, how great! There is a WEALTH of information on here, go ahead and browse around and see what kind of things you find out!
Good luck with your new piggies, whatever you decide! :D

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Thanks nicholelynne!

I have a book on Guinea Pigs, and I definitely have been browsing around everywhere. I hope everything goes smooth when I get the pigs. I want a Tricolor Abyssinian Guinea Pig for the most part.

On my C&C cage, I had to tape the Coroplast in some spots because we cut all the way through instead of just scoring. So now, we have quite a bit of tape showing. #1: Will Guinea Pigs eat tape? #2 What can I use to cover the tape up?

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum Zuidy! I thought I would show you a little bit more about the rescue option. Check out this site (Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder) put in your zip code and under "breed" put guinea pig. If there are any rescues around you or guinea pigs in shelters you should be able to find them that way. =D

Congratulations on starting your search out right! I think you will find a ton of information on this site!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Thanks Inle_Rabbit!

I looked up my area. There aren't many available around my area. There are a fair amount listed though!

Thanks again, I will look into it!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Welcome! There will be a lot of guinea pigs available in shelters, rescues, and on Craigslist starting just after Christmas, when people who have gotten them for presents or who haven't done their research or who have allergies start rehoming them. Happens every year.

There will be a lot of things you can get at Petco with a gift card other than the cavies themselves!

Oh - you can only edit posts for something like 10 min. after your post, is why you don't see the option.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.