Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bins work great for huts...

LittlePiggie

Cavy Slave
I was at Kmart the other day and I saw these material-bins. They were about $4.OO each, and they make great huts for piggies.

They have these bins and they have a plastic base, with material (clothing like, soft) on the outside. The material covers the plastic base, and it's thick so a piggie cannot chew on it. I cut a hole in the material part of the bin so my piggie could crawl inside of it.

The material velcros on and off for easy washing. They are very spacious and I highly recommend them. They are SAFE for piggies!

Miainbinhuthut.jpg My baby Mia relaxing in her new hut hut. She prefers it over her plastic one! I cut the opening a bit too big, but she isn't bothered by it. Certainly is perfect for more than one piggie, which I am preparing for! So excited!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just watch for her nibbling the material -- that stuff will ravel off into individual threads, and can clog up a pig's digestive system.

LittlePiggie

Cavy Slave
Just watch for her nibbling the material -- that stuff will ravel off into individual threads, and can clog up a pig's digestive system.

Thanks for the advice, but surprisingly she doesn't nibble on it. :) I know what you mean, I had one for Milo in his cage (my other piggie) and I had to take it out because he kept chewing on it, and I was afraid he would choke. Usually you should keep an eye on your piggie's nibbling habits, even if it's just plastic or fleece. Better safe than sorry, that's for sure!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.